JENOPTIK 4.1 Z8 DIGITAL CAMERA, any comments ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Andy, Jul 20, 2004.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    I am wanting to purchase a digital camera with a decent optical zoom on it,
    however, i already have the Canon A60 which i'm really happy with. So i
    don't want to pay too much just to get a better optical zoom.

    I saw on the Dixons website that they had the JENOPTIK 4.1 Z8 DIGITAL CAMERA
    for £110, which boasts 4.1 true MegaPixels, 8X optical Zoom, Manual overides
    of Aperture/shutter etc.

    I have searched the net for any kind of review and the only one i can find
    is the (biased) one on the Jenoptik website !.

    Does anyone have any experience with this camera (or at least Jenoptik
    cameras in general), which they can share with me ?

    Failing all this, i might buy one and if i'm not happy with it then i can
    get a refund within 14 days.

    Cheers
    Andy

    Andy, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Andy

    Zebedee Guest

    It's a piece of crap. Get a 3 megapixel Nikon 3100 from 7dayshop for £100 -
    even if you do get whacked by Customs and Extortion.

    --
    Yours

    Zebedee

    (Claiming asylum in an attempt
    to escape paying his debts to
    Dougal and Florence)

    Zebedee, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Is it really crap ? or just not very good ?, Just i have one ordered to
    Dixons (haven't paid yet !)

    Cheers
    Andy

    Andy, Jul 22, 2004
  4. Andy

    Zebedee Guest

    It's not very good. They have a poor reputation for reliability too.
    Jenoptik is a cheapo e-german brand.

    Zebedee, Jul 22, 2004
  5. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Yep, you're absolutely right. I got it today (can take it back if i want for
    a full refund, and i WILL). It is absolute crap. Focusing is rubbish,
    contrast with light/dark contrast is very poor and there's a lot of 'noise'
    on closer inspection of the pictures. Wish i'd taken your advice, but i
    didn't want to believe it as i had already ordered the camera !!!

    Andy

    Andy, Jul 23, 2004