    "javaw.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for
    the inconvenience." . This error also appears when I'm trying to install some
    program [ eg Jbuilder4.0] ..not sure whether java related..

    Guest, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Guest

    tuyen Guest

    Hi,

    Here is maybe a solution for your problem:

    Sun's website notes that some javaw.exe Application Errors can b
    caused by font problems within Windows. The "Fonts" folder in Window
    is rather sensitive and if it is set up incorrectly, it can caus
    system-wide problems that affect javaw.exe.

    If you get this error, check your Windows\Fonts\ (or Winnt\Fonts\
    folder. You're looking for shortcuts to other font files. The "Fonts
    folder should only contain regular font files. Shortcuts to font file
    in other locations will cause problems in the folder. If you find
    shortcut to a font file, locate the font file it is pointing to an
    copy that font to the "Fonts" folder. Then delete the shortcut. Do thi
    for every shortcut you find in "Fonts". Then reboot the computer an
    try to Run JBuilder again.

    If that doesn't work you can try some more drastic troubleshootin
    techniques.

    In some situations, simply "opening" each font file can fix thi
    problem.

    If all else fails, back up your font files to a safe location an
    delete them from the Fonts directory. Add each font file back in to th
    Fonts directory, one at a time, and try JBuilder. If you get the java
    error, then you know the font you just added is causing the problem.

    Good luck

    :

    -
    tuye