    javascript.

    Any ideas why this is happening? Sorry it is such a basic question.

    Thanks.

    david.jones45, Oct 25, 2007

  2. david.jones45

    VanguardLH Guest

    david.jones45 wrote in message
    You really think any user is going to use an e-mail client that allows
    some unknown author/malcontent/spammer to run scripts on their host
    that were included in HTML e-mails?

    VanguardLH, Oct 25, 2007

  3. david.jones45

    Pennywise Guest

    For the safety of the user and website.

    Pennywise, Oct 25, 2007
  4. david.jones45

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    If it can be done, then you need to post to the correct NG. On the other,
    you should be blocked from what you're trying to do in the first place, as
    this is a security risk.

    Mr. Arnold, Oct 25, 2007
  5. david.jones45

    JANA Guest

    Most public servers will block JavaScript and others through emails, because
    Spammers can use it for abusive purposes. Any of these applications can
    pose a serious security risk.

    There are many corperations that block any kind of scripting language to
    work on their computers when viewing through a browser, or email.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    Hi,

    I was playing around with some of the basic JavaScript commands like
    onMouseOver, onMouseOut, stuff like that and trying to use them within
    HTML e-mails.

    However, when composing the e-mail javascript seems fine. I can
    preview it and the javascript (as much as one can see) appears to be
    working.

    But when I send it to my Yahoo and Gmail, the javascript doesn't come
    through. The HTML formatting is fine. All my browser settings allow

    JANA, Oct 25, 2007
  6. david.jones45

    Whiskers Guest

    Please don't; HTML is a bad enough security risk in email, without adding
    scripts to it! Not that any sane email client is going to permit scripts
    to run, even if it parses the HTML and the HTML-containing emails aren't
    automatically deleted as spam or potential malware.
    Google and Yahoo are getting something more or less right, and you are
    wasting your time.

    Whiskers, Oct 25, 2007