Java Version 5 and Firefox - Advice Sought.

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Reg Mouatt, Jan 23, 2005.

  1. Reg Mouatt

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    Hi,
    My OS is Windows 98 and I have recently installed Java 5. I
    received information during the process that of all the OS's that
    fully benefited from Version 5, mine was not one of them.

    Can anyone please say what exactly that means?

    If I go to Control Panel and select Java, I find under the
    'Advanced/Applet' tag there is a check box for Mozilla and Netscape
    but when I make this selection, a warning message appears
    "UNABLE TO CHANGE BROWSER SETTINGS - Please check that Mozilla or
    Netscape is properly installed on the system and/or that you have
    sufficient permissions to change system settings".

    Is there anything I can do to change the browser settings?

    Thank you.
    Reg

    Reg Mouatt, Jan 23, 2005