    The 64-bit version (jre-6u3-windows-amd64.exe) still doesn't support IE 64-bit
    Uninstall any previous versions before installing the newer one.

    Carlos

    Guest, Oct 3, 2007

  2. Guest

    Allan Guest

    They also made available yesterday "update N" for early access testing . :
    https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNea.html . Thanks for the notification, I have
    already installed the i586 version.

    Allan, Oct 4, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Allan:
    Also please note that every installation of the Java runtime places a file
    named jusched.exe (Sun Java Update Scheduler) in the registry to run
    automatically during Vista startup.
    It usefulness is debated in the web and it is supposed to check for updates
    periodically.
    Personally I always delete that registry entry (do it at your own risk!)
    because I want to have the smallest amount of necessary programs during
    startup.
    It is located in
    HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Carlos

    Guest, Oct 4, 2007