Java Pages load soooo slow....

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Thomas Becker, Apr 16, 2004.

  1. Hello everybody,

    whenever I visit websites with java, my browser takes forever to load
    those pages. Usually, my whole system (P4 1,8 MHz, 512 MB RAM) is
    blocked for some 30 seconds.

    The Browser I use is opera 7.23. I used to have the same problem with
    Internet Explorer 6 SP1 until I deactivated Java 2 1.40 in the setup
    and used the Microsoft Virtual Machine instead.

    Unfortunately, Opera does not offer this option. So my question is:
    Does anybody else suffer from long load and lock-times with
    java-pages, and how do I get around this?

    BTW: The system lock only happens the first time I load a java-page.
    When I access another java-page in the same internet-session,
    everything runs smooth (because, I guess java is already up and
    running in the background).

    Can anybody enlighten me on this problem?

    Thanks and greetings,

    Thomas

    Thomas Becker, Apr 16, 2004

  2. Thomas Becker

    one_red_eye Guest

    "Thomas Becker" <> wrote in message
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > whenever I visit websites with java, my browser takes forever to load
    > those pages. Usually, my whole system (P4 1,8 MHz, 512 MB RAM) is
    > blocked for some 30 seconds.
    >
    > The Browser I use is opera 7.23. I used to have the same problem with
    > Internet Explorer 6 SP1 until I deactivated Java 2 1.40 in the setup
    > and used the Microsoft Virtual Machine instead.
    >
    > Unfortunately, Opera does not offer this option. So my question is:
    > Does anybody else suffer from long load and lock-times with
    > java-pages, and how do I get around this?
    >
    > BTW: The system lock only happens the first time I load a java-page.
    > When I access another java-page in the same internet-session,
    > everything runs smooth (because, I guess java is already up and
    > running in the background).
    >
    > Can anybody enlighten me on this problem?
    >
    > Thanks and greetings,
    >
    > Thomas

    Do you have dial-up or broadband internet?

    --
    I saw Elvis. He sat between
    me and Bigfoot on the UFO.

    one_red_eye, Apr 16, 2004