    I've checked all the places mentioned in the FAQs at the Java website. It's
    enabled for Navigator but just refuses to work.

    Do you have any advice?

    Amy Christensen, May 29, 2004

  2. Amy Christensen

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, May 29, 2004

  3. Sorry Mike. I tried that already. Four times. I have the option to modify
    the installation or to ininstall it. Since Java is still working for
    Explorer, I don't want to do that. Navigator behaves as if the plug in is
    not installed.

    Amy Christensen, May 29, 2004
  4. Amy Christensen

    °Mike° Guest

    Try uninstalling Netscape and reinstall; or try Mozilla,
    instead.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, May 29, 2004
  5. I think I may be getting a little closer to the problem. Netscape does not
    know where to look for the plugin. When I go to Edit>>Preferences and then
    click on Helper Applications, I see a blank/placeholder icon where it says
    applications/x-java-jnlp-file.
    Do you know how to configure it manually?

    If I uninstall Netscape, will I lose all of my bookmarks? My mail settings?

    Do you use Mozilla? I'd like some opinions before I try it.

    Amy Christensen, May 29, 2004
  6. Amy Christensen

    °Mike° Guest

    I don't use Netscape, but I do have Mozilla. I much
    prefer Mozilla to Netscape, as it seems to be more
    stable for me.

    As I remember it, the place to enable Java in Netscape
    is Edit / Preferences / Advanced and check 'Enable Java'.

    Also, doesn't Sun Java have to be enabled in the
    Control Panel (Java Plug-in)?

    °Mike°, May 29, 2004
  7. I finally solved it! I asked my sister to look under helper applications in
    her version of Netscape and she said that there was no listing for Java. I
    removed mine, and now it works!

    Thanks for listening to me, Mike.

    in message news:...

    Amy Christensen, May 29, 2004
  8. Amy Christensen

    °Mike° Guest

    You removed it, and now it works? How odd!

    You're welcome.

    °Mike°, May 29, 2004