    wopuld be helpful for a beginner.

    thanks,
    ~ME

    Guest, Nov 19, 2004

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Methinks you won't be having any problem with the test, then. :)

    Guest, Nov 19, 2004

  3. Guest

    Arthur Hsu Guest

    Since you know Java, you'd better choose C# track, that would make your
    switch to Microsoft world easier.
    (C# "looks" very similar to Java, however, when you dig in, you will know
    you still have a lot to learn.)

    You need 5 tests to get your MCSD. For a beginner, I'd suggest that you may
    consider to get an MCAD first, that is

    70-316 (Windows form programming)
    70-315 (Web programming)
    70-320 (XML Web service programming)

    You need to know SQL to some degree in order to pass the three tests. I
    personally favors Amit Kalani's books for the three topics, they helped me
    get my MCSD :) Do some research on Amazon.com and see if you can get a good
    discount (sorry, mine is sold already).

    For MCSD, I pick 70-229 (SQL server 2000) and 70-300 (design and
    architecture). However, it may be a bit hard for college students
    especially 70-300. By the way, SQL 2005 is coming out, and you may need to
    consider your test-taking schedule.

    Sybex's book on 70-229 is really good. For 70-300, I use Exam Cram 2. Exam
    Cram 2 itself is good but the accompanying CD simply sucks. I'm glad that I
    have enough field experience to pass that exam.

    -Arthur

    Arthur Hsu, Nov 19, 2004
  4. Guest

    Rajamani Guest

    Hi,

    I had VC++ experience, how do i do MCSD exam to Visual C#
    and XML.

    Please guide me.

    Thanks

    R.Rajamani

    Rajamani, Nov 25, 2004
  5. Guest

    sandeep Guest

    hello sir/mam
    i am basically from punjab
    but in this time i am in banglore
    i want to do mcsd
    so which center is good for preparting mscd exams.
    please reply me as soon as possible
    thanking you
    sandeep

    sandeep, Nov 26, 2004
  6. Guest

    Vipul Patel Guest

    Yes, the Self Paced training Kit is a good one for beginners. I would also
    recommend Amit Kalani's books for a sure-shot success at the exams.

    Regards
    Vipul

    Vipul Patel, Dec 10, 2004
  7. Guest

    Vipul Patel Guest

    To begin with, You shall need to learn .NET concepts.

    Your programming skills will suerely help to pick up the language faster.

    Best of luck

    Regards
    Vipul

    PS: MCSD in the C++ stream has been removed. You will need to clear in the
    C# stream or wait for possible C++.NET exams :)

    Vipul Patel, Dec 10, 2004