    The counter does not display correctly in Firefox.

    Is there a fix for this?

    Dick S

    Dick Stouffer, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Is that the counter on this page: http://rdstouffer.net/chuckle.html

    It displays just fine in Firefox 1.0 on my Mandrake 10.0 box.

    Nick

    Nick de Graeve, Oct 4, 2004

  3. And the same for Windows 2000.

    Nick

    Nick de Graeve, Oct 4, 2004
  4. | Nick de Graeve wrote:
    | > On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 06:45:26 +0000, Dick Stouffer wrote:
    | >

    | >>My web host provides a Java Applet that creates a Vistor Counter which is
    displayed on my main web page.

    | >><applet code='counter' codebase='http://rdstouffer.net/v-web/counter'
    | >> width='60' height='20'>
    | >> <param name='counter' value='041003'>
    | >> <param name='style' value='Q'>
    | >> <param name='minsize' value='4'>
    | >> <param name='bgcolor' value='#FFFFFF'>
    | >> <param name='twoclicks' value='http://rdstouffer.net'>
    | >></applet>
    | >>
    | >>The counter does not display correctly in Firefox.
    | >>
    | >>Is there a fix for this?
    | >

    | > Is that the counter on this page: http://rdstouffer.net/chuckle.html
    | >
    | > It displays just fine in Firefox 1.0 on my Mandrake 10.0 box.
    |
    | And the same for Windows 2000.
    |
    | Nick

    Hmmmm. Strange. It does not display correctly (it's just a green blob . . .)
    on my Firefox 1.0 Win98se. I keep both IE and FF up so I can switch back and
    forth, but I'd really like to eliminate IE all together. Any ideas?

    Dick S

    Dick Stouffer, Oct 4, 2004
  5. Working fine from here. Any other java issues noted? What does
    about:plugins have to say about java?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 4, 2004
  6. The second image is exactly what I see in FF, with very different
    numbers. Now its up to 0171. If I disable java, I see nothing.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 5, 2004
  7. | > Plugins appear to be up-to-date. The Java code executes on my web host's
    | > server, then the resulting image is sent to my browser. For some reason FF
    | > doesn't interpret it correctly. It's just a green blob. If this newsgroup
    | > allows attachments, you can see it above as firefox02.jpg. firefox05 is
    what it
    | > is supposed to look like and does in IE.
    | >
    | > Dick S
    | >

    | The second image is exactly what I see in FF, with very different
    | numbers. Now its up to 0171. If I disable java, I see nothing.
    |
    | Lee
    All right, Lee. You are a BIG help here. Something in my FF configuration is
    wrong. You're able to see the counter display; I can't. Please, give some
    clues. What settings might I have wrong?

    Dick S

    Dick Stouffer, Oct 5, 2004
  8. I wish I could be of more help. I have in about:plugins jave 1.4.2_05

    What version do you see.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 5, 2004
  9. | Dick Stouffer wrote:
    FF
    | > what it

    | > |
    | > | The second image is exactly what I see in FF, with very different
    | > | numbers. Now its up to 0171. If I disable java, I see nothing.
    | > |
    | > | Lee
    | > All right, Lee. You are a BIG help here. Something in my FF configuration
    is
    | > wrong. You're able to see the counter display; I can't. Please, give some
    | > clues. What settings might I have wrong?
    | >
    | > Dick S
    | >

    | I wish I could be of more help. I have in about:plugins jave 1.4.2_05
    |
    | What version do you see.
    |
    | Lee
    ***
    Well, I installed Java 1.4.2_05 but it didn't help. The counter value still
    appears as a green "blob." I've sent out a plea for help to my friends who are
    using Firefox. Perhaps I'll learn something from them. Thanks for trying to
    help me, Lee.
    ***

    Dick Stouffer, Oct 5, 2004