    shot taken at the county jail. It doesn't look so standard to me.

    As a person with an interest in street photography, I wouldn't mind
    taking a shot like that and giving it that processing.

    Tony Cooper, May 28, 2014

  2. Tony Cooper

    Tony Cooper Guest

    It's not like you to miss a point. Whatever system was used resulted
    in an image that *looks* like something I wouldn't mind taking and
    having processed.

    I would crop the bottom, though.

    Tony Cooper, May 28, 2014

  3. Tony Cooper

    snapper Guest

    I'm sure his bottom will be cropped often in prison. ;-)

    snapper, May 28, 2014
  4. It looks like a custom JPEG compressor. The standard compressor does a
    terrible job of estimating image content importance at low quality
    settings. Proprietary compressors can do MUCH better, producing an
    image that has a weird looking style but isn't a bunch of blobs.

    Sharpen, JPEG, sharpen, posterize, sharpen might do it

    Kevin McMurtrie, May 29, 2014