    They have Digtial Rebels for $709 with a lens.

    But what gives nothing available on the web.

    DEP

    DEP, Dec 24, 2003

  2. DEP

    Gary Edstrom Guest

    Note: Courtesy copy of this followup sent to author via email.

    Ask them if these are "Gray Market" cameras...ones that don't have a US
    warranty. I've run into this several times.

    Gary Edstrom, Dec 24, 2003

  3. DEP

    hugo drax Guest

    use some common sense, if 99% of the retailers are within a 2-5 percent
    difference and then you see someone who has a major price difference you can
    assume it is BS

    Sorry but that is reality, stick with the known retailers such as
    B&H,adorama etc..

    hugo drax, Dec 24, 2003
  4. DEP

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. But every so often somebody
    that is new to mail order/web buying falls for this type of advertising.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Dec 24, 2003
  5. DEP

    Ron Guest

    Ron, Dec 25, 2003
  6. DEP

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Here's what their place of business looks like,

    http://www.donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0057.htm

    They also have a different name.

    See what you can find about that.

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 25, 2003
  7. DEP

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 25, 2003
  8. DEP

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: "Dan Sullivan"
    Looks like a fine, prosperous establishment to me!
    From the web page it looks like they do business as Infinitycameras.com ... a
    check on resellerratings.com indicates they have a zero rating from the 8
    people who did business with them and wrote a review.

    Here's a typical user response ... now you can see why their prices are so low.

    <from resellerratings.com>
    I ordered a Nikon CoolPix 5700 for $734.99, got the confirmation thru email
    $799.09 ($64.10 shipping & handling). They shipped me a used camera and charged
    my credit card $999.99 ???? I called the sale person (Victor) to get the
    Merchandise Authorization number to return this product, he said it will charge
    15-30% for restocking fee plus shipping fee and hanged up the phone! With
    Infinity Cameras, the worst experience I've had with an internet company! Do
    not give them your credit card number

    Bill Hilton, Dec 25, 2003
  9. DEP

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    There are some fine dealers in Brooklyn.

    Check 'em out on resellerratings.com

    Focus... Abes of Maine...

    Happy Holidays, Dan

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 25, 2003
  10. Doesn't the USA have some sort of consumer protection laws?

    David

    David J Taylor, Dec 25, 2003
  11. DEP

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    We've got gun laws too.

    Read the papers lately?

    Every dealer should be thoroughly researched before someone gives them their
    credit card info.

    Happy Holidays, Dan

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 25, 2003
  12. Doesn't the USA have some sort of consumer protection laws?
    I don't believe what I read there....
    and to you!

    David

    David J Taylor, Dec 25, 2003