    Likes Received:
    0
    that poor processer... i feel its pain... it screams out in agony, and for revenge

    Gez, Oct 25, 2005

  2. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    yes it will kill all intels in the same house it was in, like modfather do his worst his soul eatting computer is no match for the evil shadow cache off master athlon xp :D

    unholy, Oct 26, 2005

  3. RObErT_RaTh

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    Likes Received:
    0
    some simple facts:
    AMD > Intel
    ATI > nVidia
    that is all

    Gez, Oct 26, 2005
  4. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i need to fix ur Last one
    ATi <> nVidia
    or ATi > nVidia, ATi < nVidia :p

    unholy, Oct 27, 2005
  5. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Ouch.

    You are a sick puppy. Everyone knows that Intel chips are best for frying.

    bigal, Oct 27, 2005
  6. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i know hey, except those old Toast Cyrixs which didn't have heatsink :|
    and what about the 486's they didn't have anything!

    unholy, Oct 27, 2005
  7. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Children, Children, Children...
    Haven't you been paying attention?
    The Necronomicase Specs
    Dual AMD Opteron 64FX dual core procs. Not Intel.
    And NVidia SO FREAKING OWNS ATI it isn't even funny. ATI is garbage. I have one in this Sony and it's crap. I want to rip it out and smash it with a hammer. It's a piece of total junk! I've NEVER had any problems with Nvidia boards and ALWAYS have them with ATI.

    The Modfather, Oct 29, 2005
  8. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    neva tried ATi boards, only ATi video cards and do they own! :D

    unholy, Oct 29, 2005
  9. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    A board is the same as a card. Yeesh. Back when you were just a concept in your grandpa's mind they called these things daughterboards.

    The Modfather, Oct 30, 2005
  10. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I had a....

    ...Packard Bell computer with a Pentium Pro (200 MHz), and it had a hughe daughter card plugged into the motherboard. There was a modem, sound processing and other stuff on that card. It was a funky case design too - skinny tower with a wide base. I installed dual Voodoo-2's in the PCI slots so I could play Quake III when it first came out. I think I had around 70 to 120 MB of EDO RAM installed too. :p

    bigal, Oct 31, 2005
  11. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    sounds w00tish

    unholy, Oct 31, 2005
  12. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hehehe.. I had a Packard Smell once, man those things were cheaply made.

    The Modfather, Oct 31, 2005
  13. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hewlett packard bell, is a great company dis them!

    unholy, Oct 31, 2005
  14. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It wasn't junk....

    ....but it wasn't a quality product either. I still have the ad from the store where I bought it. The price was $1999, a good price at the time. It worked pretty well with Windows 98.

    bigal, Oct 31, 2005
  15. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    98.... windows 98? my laptop can run windows 98 :p

    unholy, Nov 1, 2005
  16. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Yep...

    ...Windows 98 was a big step forward in the gaming world back then. I remember booting that machine up with those dual Voodoo 2's in SLI, getting into Quake III, and still suffering when I was on-line with my 28.8KB modem connection. My biggest leap forward was getting Cox digital cable and the Internet connection in October 2003. That was a vast improvement over the dial-up modems. :wink:

    bigal, Nov 1, 2005
  17. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    dial up pft.... thats a thing of the past ova here, its costs 10 bucks less to get cable/adsl :|

    unholy, Nov 2, 2005
  18. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, dialup's pretty much dead here too but there are still companies trying to get you to use it for some reason. Cable's more expensive than DSL but then it's also a lot faster.

    The Modfather, Nov 5, 2005
  19. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    yer but our cable has to travel like 10 times furthur then urs :p so its just a slight amoutn more responsive then ADSL.

    unholy, Nov 6, 2005
  20. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I know, I can see what your connection speed is right here on my desktop. Remember, I told you about that konfabulator widget I have? It shows me packet loss for all areas of the world. Australia is usually second worst just behind Asia. Africa isn't even listed for some reason. North America is usually just after South America. Probably because there are so few backbones in S. America to begin with. Europe is usually somewhere in the middle.

    The Modfather, Nov 7, 2005