iTunes 4.6 VS Windows Media Player 10

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by geothermal, Oct 5, 2004.

  1. geothermal

    geothermal Guest

    Windows Media Player 10
    ==================================
    Plays mp3s and mids and wmas fine.
    Crashes hard with au, snd, wav, and aac files.
    Tries to load codecs for the above and fails to do so.
    Runs slower than iTunes 4.6
    Crashes on some videos about halfway thru video.
    Other videos it plays fine.
    Some icons don't show up in WMP Guide.
    music.msn.com cannot retrieve song info from Title.
    Has radio feature.

    iTunes 4.6
    ==================================
    Plays all audio files fine.
    Adds wrong track number in file info or adds number 32.
    Sometimes loads two copies of the same track.
    Keeps track of how many times a file was played.
    Has option of adding a picture with each song played.
    Loads ipodservice.exe into memroy even though no ipod is found
    to be connected to computer.
    Has radio feature.

    Geothermal

    geothermal, Oct 5, 2004

  2. geothermal

    grayghost Guest

    <snip>

    I think you posted to the wrong newsgroup... ;-)

    grayghost, Oct 5, 2004