It's official - Micro$oft chooses to use Linux for it's superior "scalability, performance and secur

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bling Bling, Nov 4, 2005.

  1. Bling Bling

    Bling Bling Guest

    Bling Bling, Nov 4, 2005

  2. Bling Bling

    Mike Dee Guest

    Mike Dee, Nov 5, 2005

  3. Bling Bling

    Impossible Guest

    If I were to guess, I'd say it's because no one cares.

    The OSS component of the wireless controllers that Microsoft bought
    consists of a small boot-loader. That's it. The rest of the embedded
    software is proprietary, just like the system Microsoft replaced.

    Why on earth would that be a "revelation"?

    Impossible, Nov 5, 2005
  4. Bling Bling

    whoisthis Guest

    Because linux users a desperate for anything. Too many linux users are
    less pro linux and more anti-microsoft which is why they latch onto the
    irrelevant and try and make out it means the world.

    Personally, I chose neither, I went Macintosh because for ME it was the
    best choice, Read what you will into it.

    whoisthis, Nov 5, 2005
  5. Bling Bling

    Mark Guest

    Good call, if Linux does it for you, good on you! If you want to use
    Microsoft then good for you too.

    Personally, I use Linux AND Microsoft. The best tool for the job at the
    time..

    Cheers
    Mark

    Mark, Nov 5, 2005
  6. Bling Bling

    Bling Bling Guest

    LOL - FreeBSD Unix (the substance behind the pretty Mac GUI) is indeed a
    very good choice.

    Bling Bling

    Bling Bling, Nov 5, 2005
  7. Bling Bling

    whoisthis Guest

    I have to use Wintel at work for doing PCB design (protel), but I tend
    to do everything else on the Mac at work and at home.

    whoisthis, Nov 5, 2005