    come up with no sound and some telling me an error has occurred.

    What next please?

    cheers

    sunny, Dec 19, 2003

  2. sunny

    Brian H¹© Guest

    sunny said:
    Find out what is wrong.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 19, 2003

  3. More details please....

    e.g. make and model of soundcard, OS, exact text of error message

    michael turner, Dec 19, 2003
  4. sunny

    sunny Guest

    Cheers but heres some advice for you .....dont give up your day job! lol

    sunny, Dec 19, 2003
  5. sunny

    sunny Guest

    Gamesurround CMedia 8738 win98se and message is simply Windows Media Player
    encountered an unknown error. more info gives Error# C00D11CD

    sunny, Dec 19, 2003
  6. sunny

    bb3 Guest

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2C712AD6 says that

    http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html is a good place to start.
    There are some other good links. Read through the thread. It's long,
    but it looks like there are some good answers.
    <snip>

    bb3, Dec 19, 2003
  7. (Blink) ooohhh, kay....

    sunny? Assuming you're runing Windows 9x/ME.....

    I'd suggest starting off with going into SafeMode, uninstall the sound
    board, then reboot into normal mode and re-install.

    If that don't wanna work, it might be Media Player's fault. Just be
    careful of MP's updates. After 6.4 your updates force you to accept MS
    Digital Rights Management (DRM), as well as grant additional "rights" to
    your computer to MS.

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Dec 19, 2003
  8. sunny

    Brian H¹© Guest

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ said:
    Then again, he could be using AC97 onboard sound, hasn't installed the drivers,
    not turned them on in BIOS.or..or..or.....
    Without clear info second guessing is a waste of everyones time.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 19, 2003