    Its a 6 page pdf file, looking at Developers/Infrastructure(Admins)/BAs

    According to the news page I got the link off, IT is up with Accounting
    w.r.t. the upward movement of salaries.

    Shane, Jun 1, 2007

  2. Shane

    JohnO Guest

    I'm likin' the ERP Consultant category. I've always felt it was the
    best $ but can be one of the more boring roles. Seems to be the only
    one where NZ does well against Oz.

    JohnO, Jun 5, 2007

  3. Shane

    thingy Guest

    Shane wrote:

    8><----------
    Interesting......sys admin/Unix engineer....better paid in Wellington
    than Auckland....in fact quite a few jobs seem better paid when in
    Wgtn....I would have said its cheaper to live in Wgtn as well.....

    Stuff Auckland....

    :D

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jun 5, 2007
  4. They didnt exactly list my job "Regional Field Engineer" but looking at
    it.I am in the middle between Auckland and Wellington Geographically and
    payed about $10k more than the highest in Wellington or Auckland on
    comparable jobs

    Collector»NZ, Jun 5, 2007
  5. Shane

    thingy Guest

    This would not be un-usual....often companies have to pay premiums to
    get staff to "remote" locations. About 10 years ago 2 friends qualified
    as accountants, one went to Auckland and got (something like) 25k, while
    the other went to Invercargill and got $44k....something similar has
    also happened to me.....funny but it was Invercargill as well.....I
    didnt go....3 days there was enough for me...

    ;]

    Then the reverse applies, if you are there and do not want to move away
    companies can pay very badly....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jun 6, 2007
  6. Some of us can't undersatnd why anyone would want to live in auckland :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jun 6, 2007
  7. Given the higher living costs in Auckie, that's not fair. :)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 6, 2007
  8. Shane

    Will Spencer Guest

    Infact stuff NZ. I'd prefer the Gold Coast myself.

    -ws

    Will Spencer, Jun 6, 2007
  9. Raising the average intelligence of both countries.

    (thanks piggy)

    Mark Robinson, Jun 6, 2007
  10. Shane

    Enkidu Guest

    Piggy pinched that saying. Apparently it was originally a quote by a
    South Island horse breeder.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jun 6, 2007
  11. Been there ... and I wouldn't :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jun 7, 2007
  12. Shane

    JohnO Guest

    I can't undertand why you buggers keep immigrating here from the rest
    of the country, whine about it, but never leave!

    JohnO, Jun 7, 2007