ISP Sever Problems

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Leslie Jackson, Apr 21, 2005.

  1. I am running Windows XP Professional and keep getting disconnected from my
    sever anything up to eight times in a three hour session any ideas

    Leslie Jackson, Apr 21, 2005

  2. Leslie Jackson

    Avenger© Guest

    Yeah, change ISP's.

    Avenger©, Apr 21, 2005

  3. Leslie Jackson

    owldo @ PAX Guest

    Check the Application Log in the Event Viewer under Computer Management

    owldo @ PAX, Apr 21, 2005
  4. It's unlikely to be the ISP doing anything to you unless you are simply
    leaving the computer sitting idle during this time. If that's not the
    case, than there are many resources on the web on how to troubleshoot
    frequent disconnects:

    http://help.expedient.com/dialup/disconnects.shtml

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 21, 2005
  5. Leslie Jackson

    Jim Berwick Guest

    As someone who works for a company selling dialup, 99.999999999999% of the
    time customers are complaining of either poor connection speeds or being
    disconnected for no reason (and it isn't a hang up after s/r, or idle
    disconnect thing) it is line noise. Unless you are subscribed to a
    /really/ shitty ISP, the problem isn't on their end, it is either a crappy
    modem or poor phone lines.

    Jim Berwick, May 2, 2005
  6. Yes, but what about the other 0.000000000001%?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 2, 2005
  7. Leslie Jackson

    old jon Guest

    Now now Roger, you`re being flippant, you know full well it`s Never their
    fault, it`s always ours..J

    old jon, May 2, 2005
  8. What's with this "their" and "our" business? I'm in the same trench as
    Jim. :p

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 2, 2005
  9. Leslie Jackson

    old jon Guest