    2. I have fw behind router and do translation from new range to local
    addresses and config router to route new range to fw

    Thanks!

    Dragec, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Dragec

    PES Guest

    This is the way most would do it. There still could be a little bit of
    downtime.
    You really cannot fix this with nat because you the following would never
    work regardless of what you were using for nat. Multiple devices would
    accept the config but the connection would break to one of the two
    addresses. Think about the return traffic on the wire inside to outside.

    insideA <> outsideA
    insideA <> outsideB

    insideA:80 <> outsideA:80
    insideA:80 <> outsideB:80

    You would have to have multiple ip addresses on the inside and do policy
    routing if using multiple devices. The following would work. This is a
    common obstacle, it is easy to over simplify it.

    insideA <> outsideA
    insideB <> outsideB

    insideA:80 <> outsideA:80
    insideA:81 <> outsideB:80

    insideA:80 <> outsideA:80
    insideB:80 <> outsideB:80

    PES, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Configure two addresses on each of the servers. Have the old public
    address NAT to one address, and the new public address NAT to the other
    address.

    Barry Margolin, Aug 22, 2004