    SBC never indicated anything to us. Is this normal? Now I'm wondering is
    this is at all worth it?!

    Chuck.

    Charles U Farley, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Charles U Farley

    Hansang Bae Guest

    I guess you can crank it down to 56Kbps so it'll work all the time.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Feb 19, 2004

  3. ~ In article <>,
    ~ says...
    ~ > Guess what, looks like some of these ISDN are a mix of data and voice only.
    ~ > SBC never indicated anything to us. Is this normal? Now I'm wondering is
    ~ > this is at all worth it?!
    ~
    ~ I guess you can crank it down to 56Kbps so it'll work all the time.

    Chuck might not just have to set the speed down to 56k; he might
    also have to configure DOV - i.e. get ISDN to place the calls
    with a "voice" rather than "data" bearercap.

    Even that will be no guarantee that this is work ... it is possible
    that, with voice bearercap, SBC will route the calls using trunks
    that won't work for 56k data (e.g. trunks that get converted to
    analog, or that undergo digital padding.)

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, Feb 19, 2004
  4. I finally got it working now!!! I lowered the call to 56k as suggested and
    entered valid spid #'s. SBC gave me the wrong ones because it kept saying
    invalid spid #.

    Thanks to all for the help!!

    Chuck

    Charles U Farley, Feb 23, 2004