ISDN between cisco 760 and 770

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by RTT, Oct 18, 2005.

  1. RTT

    RTT Guest

    Hi,

    i have 2 cisco routers. Once cisco 770 and one cisco 760. I want to use
    a ISDN connection between the two. but with my current confirguration
    only the cisco 760 can open the connection. When the cisco 770 tries to
    open te connection he says no password found.

    current config of the cisco 770 (t770):

    set system t770
    set multidest on
    set ppp auth in chap
    set ppp secret host
    cd lan
    set ip address 172.24.28.245
    set ip netmask 255.255.252.0
    set ip routing on
    set ip rip update periodic
    set user r760
    set ppp auth out chap
    set ppp secret client
    set bridging off
    set ip address 10.10.10.1
    set ip netmask 255.255.255.0
    set ip routing on
    set ip rip update demand
    set ip route destination 0.0.0.0 gateway 10.10.10.2
    set ip rip version 1
    set 1 number 051555555
    set timeout 360
    set active
    reboot

    current config cisco 760 (r760):

    set system r760
    set multidestination on
    cd LAN
    set ip address 192.168.1.1
    set ip netmask 255.255.255.0
    set ip routing on
    set ip rip update periodic
    set user t770
    set ppp password client
    set ppp secret client
    set ip address 10.10.10.2
    set ip netmask 255.255.255.0 set ip routing on
    set ip rip update demand
    set ip route destination 0.0.0.0/0 gateway 10.10.10.1
    set number 051444444
    set timeout 360
    set active
    reboot

    everywhere i set a password i use the same password.
    i also compared the two config and made one with all the command in the
    2 above config both that wasn't any help

    with the above config r760 can open connection to t770, but t770 can
    not open the connection to r760 if it's not already active. always
    receive the error 'no password found' and then he disconnects.

    does anyone know why that happens?

    kindest regards,
    Tom

    RTT, Oct 18, 2005