    This is quite interesting. I remember a while back there was a bit of
    hoopla about NSA keys as part of Windows. I wonder how easy it is to
    track a person's information use these days.

    Waylon Kenning, Oct 19, 2005

  2. Waylon Kenning

    Robert Cooze Guest

    This is old news, Well for me I guess as I have seen it many a time even
    had a coustomer complanin about the "yello dots". You dont realy need a
    specal light to see the dots just lots of maginifation. Yes I used to
    fix Colour Lazer Copiers and fiery rips associated with the machines
    that people wanted to print with. the machines I delt with the print
    engine put the code on to the final print nothing to do with the printer
    driver or system that sent the print job to the machine.

    The dots are done in a square pattern arround 5mm spacing when you do
    see them they look more like randum pixlel noise.

    Robert Cooze, Oct 19, 2005

  3. Waylon Kenning

    PAM. Guest

    Correct. And if you took out all bar the dots from the print it would say
    "Look behind you"
    :)

    PAM.

    PAM., Oct 19, 2005
  4. ... however I do remember reading something about printers (at least some of
    them) being unable to do accurate representations of US money. :)
    It made sense at the time and wasn't 1 April IIRC.
    That said, it's more likely to be a crappy printer than a conspiracy IMO. :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 20, 2005
  5. Waylon Kenning

    Bret Guest

    I really need to know what these "fiery rips" are Robert :)

    Bret, Oct 20, 2005
  6. http://www.eff.org/Privacy/printers/

    Mark Robinson, Oct 20, 2005
  7. Waylon Kenning

    Craig Shore Guest

    I saw a video of a bunch of guys smashing one with a sledge hammer. They are
    worth about $10k to buy I think.

    Fiery is the brand, RIP = Raster Image Processor. The computer sends the job to
    the RIP then it does the work printing.

    Craig Shore, Oct 20, 2005
  8. Waylon Kenning

    EMB Guest

    And if you want one....

    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Printers/Other/auction-38456478.htm

    EMB, Oct 20, 2005
  9. Waylon Kenning

    Robert Cooze Guest

    go to here

    http://efi.com

    they are essentualy a rasta immage processor A box becide the coloure
    copier or in the copier or printer that connects the pc or network of
    pc's to the copier the copier becomes a printer colour bus is another
    brand as well as cyclone.

    Robert Cooze, Oct 20, 2005