    years of age, I'll buy them Windows 7 as a present.

    If you guys like security and power computing, try Ubuntu Linux 9.04. You'd
    be surprised how far it evolved since its first days

    Chucky Chease, Jun 28, 2009

  2. If I can find the link again I will post it here. The link compared the
    boot time of Win 7 and Ubuntu. Win 7 booted in 1:00 minute. Ubuntu
    booted in 1:09 minutes.

    Perhaps you should stick with your cheesy pizzas! They're definitely
    for kids!

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 28, 2009

  3. P.S.

    Windows 7 RC1 64 bit vs Kubuntu 9.04 64 bit boot up speed test:
    http://www.start64.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3508&Itemid=128

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 28, 2009
  4. Chucky Chease

    Bo Persson Guest

    Bobby Johnson wrote:
    > If I can find the link again I will post it here. The link
    > compared the boot time of Win 7 and Ubuntu. Win 7 booted in 1:00
    > minute. Ubuntu booted in 1:09 minutes.

    And the test was "bootscreen to FireFox", which is obviously flawed.
    Why not make it "bootscreen to IE8"?

    Besides, the Linux guys keep telling us that they never reboot anyway.
    :)

    Bo Persson

    Bo Persson, Jun 28, 2009
  5. No need to feed the trolls, Bobby. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 28, 2009
  6. Chucky Chease

    Rob Moir Guest

    Rob Moir, Jun 28, 2009
  7. Chucky Chease

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Chucky.

    > Perhaps when my grandkids reach 6 years of age, I'll buy them Windows 7 as
    > a present.

    Don't underestimate today's grandkids! Many are more computer-literate than
    some Grandpas.

    My 6-year-old grandson, Charlie, has been running Vista Ultimate x64 for a
    couple of years and has been enjoying Win7 x64 betas since October. He
    loved the beta fish on the Win7 Desktop - until he changed to a steam
    locomotive. ;<)

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jun 28, 2009
  8. Chucky Chease

    Delphos Guest

    Delphos, Jun 28, 2009
  9. Chucky Chease

    bocaccio Guest

    "R. C. White" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, Chucky.
    >
    >> Perhaps when my grandkids reach 6 years of age, I'll buy them Windows 7
    >> as a present.

    > Don't underestimate today's grandkids! Many are more computer-literate
    > than some Grandpas.
    >
    > My 6-year-old grandson, Charlie, has been running Vista Ultimate x64 for a
    > couple of years and has been enjoying Win7 x64 betas since October. He
    > loved the beta fish on the Win7 Desktop - until he changed to a steam
    > locomotive. ;<)
    >
    > RC

    Fantastic! That is exactly the point the troll was making. Windows IS for
    children :)

    Less Spam Better enjoyable experience
    Visit : news://spacesst.com

    bocaccio, Jun 30, 2009
  10. How many editions of IE8 have you seen that runs on Linux?

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 30, 2009