    is Vista64 going to support Dos16 programs ?

    Thanks,
    Lynn

    Lynn McGuire, May 22, 2006

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 22, 2006

  3. No. This will not change - 64bit Windows does not support 16 bit programs.
    Will not ever support 16 bit programs.

    That being said, see my blog on virtualization - it's the best workaround I
    know, and it gives me what I need for 16 bit apps.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 22, 2006
  4. Safe? Oh, yeah. Not now, not ever.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 22, 2006
  5. Lynn McGuire

    Lynn McGuire Guest

    No. This will not change - 64bit Windows does not support 16 bit programs. Will not ever support 16 bit programs.
    I read your fine article:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/64bit/russel_virtualmachine.mspx
    and List is precisely what I want to run. I emailed Vern and he replied that
    he is not ever planning on building a Win32 console version. I gather that
    List is mostly written in assembly and would have to almost totally rewritten.
    Bummer.

    Thanks,
    Lynn

    Lynn McGuire, May 25, 2006
  6. Yup, I emailed Vern as well, and got the same answer. So I built a little
    Win98 VM and I use it whenever I want use List. (I had forgotten about LIST
    over the years, and you're original query a year ago reminded me of how
    useful it is.)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 26, 2006