Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcguest11, Oct 2, 2012.

1. mcguest11

mcguest11

Hello

I am looking for help and information. I have a modem in my home which feeds my wireless router. I have a desktop computer which is connecting to the router through a wireless Ethernet adapter. I also have a cell phone and tablet that connect to the router.

Also, my wife has a small shop in another building on the same property. She has a debit machine for her transactions. I can run the debit machine through the internet, but the problem is, it is about 125'- 150' from where my wireless router sets. I am looking for a way to communicate with the router without running a hard wire.

My first question is, am I close enough to the router to communicate with it. My second question is, is there any type of adapter that I can plug in the network cable port that would communicate wirelessly with the router? I can put an antenna or wire on the outside of the building and aim it directly at the router.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind that I am an amateur at this.

mcguest11, Oct 2, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. mcguest11

benimarooo

Hi brother, i have a suggestion may be useful for you. I think you can use an access point between the router and your debit machine, i think it can make the distance short, so the signal will be best .... i hope it be useful

benimarooo, Oct 4, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. mcguest11

howardrya

you could connect srtong long distance wifi antenna to your router (if it supports it)
    or if the shop is connected through your homes circuit panel you can use a powerline adapter to connect your house and shop or if that wont work you could get a outdoor wireless access point and put it maybe halfway between the buildings

howardrya, Oct 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question