    Also, my wife has a small shop in another building on the same property. She has a debit machine for her transactions. I can run the debit machine through the internet, but the problem is, it is about 125'- 150' from where my wireless router sets. I am looking for a way to communicate with the router without running a hard wire.

    My first question is, am I close enough to the router to communicate with it. My second question is, is there any type of adapter that I can plug in the network cable port that would communicate wirelessly with the router? I can put an antenna or wire on the outside of the building and aim it directly at the router.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind that I am an amateur at this.

    mcguest11, Oct 2, 2012

  2. mcguest11

    benimarooo

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi brother, i have a suggestion may be useful for you. I think you can use an access point between the router and your debit machine, i think it can make the distance short, so the signal will be best .... i hope it be useful

    benimarooo, Oct 4, 2012

  3. mcguest11

    howardrya

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2012
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    you could connect srtong long distance wifi antenna to your router (if it supports it)
    or if the shop is connected through your homes circuit panel you can use a powerline adapter to connect your house and shop or if that wont work you could get a outdoor wireless access point and put it maybe halfway between the buildings

    howardrya, Oct 28, 2012