Is this intrusion attempt high risk?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Thaqalainnaqvi, Jul 11, 2006.

  1. Norton i sgiving following messages since 10 days sometimes within 10
    minutes interval,is my machine prone to high risk?

    Secuirity Alert
    X High Risk
    Norton Internet worm protection has detected and blocked an intrusion
    attempt:
    Intrusion: HTTP MSIIS NTLM ASN1BO
    Intruder: 202.163.YYY.XXX (3263)
    Risk Level: High
    Protocol: TCP
    Attacked IP: YOUR-3EXXAYB1 (202.163.114.XXX)
    Attacked Port: http(80)

    202.163.YYY.XXX
    Record Type: IP Address

    OrgName: Asia Pacific Network Information Centre
    OrgID: APNIC
    Address: PO Box 2131
    City: Milton
    StateProv: QLD
    PostalCode: 4064
    Country: AU

    ReferralServer: whois://whois.apnic.net

    NetRange: 202.0.0.0 - 203.255.255.255
    CIDR: 202.0.0.0/7
    NetName: APNIC-CIDR-BLK
    NetHandle: NET-202-0-0-0-1
    Parent:
    NetType: Allocated to APNIC
    NameServer: NS1.APNIC.NET
    NameServer: NS3.APNIC.NET
    NameServer: NS4.APNIC.NET
    NameServer: TINNIE.ARIN.NET
    NameServer: NS-SEC.RIPE.NET
    NameServer: DNS1.TELSTRA.NET
    Comment: This IP address range is not registered in the ARIN
    database.
    Comment: For details, refer to the APNIC Whois Database via
    Comment: WHOIS.APNIC.NET or http://www.apnic.net/apnic-bin/whois2.pl

    Comment: ** IMPORTANT NOTE: APNIC is the Regional Internet Registry
    Comment: for the Asia Pacific region. APNIC does not operate
    networks
    Comment: using this IP address range and is not able to investigate
    Comment: spam or abuse reports relating to these addresses. For more

    Comment: help, refer to http://www.apnic.net/info/faq/abuse
    Comment:
    RegDate: 1994-04-05
    Updated: 2005-05-20

    OrgTechHandle: AWC12-ARIN
    OrgTechName: APNIC Whois Contact
    OrgTechPhone: +61 7 3858 3100
    OrgTechEmail:

    Thaqalainnaqvi, Jul 11, 2006

  2. Thaqalainnaqvi

    Duane Arnold Guest

    The operative word there is *blocked*. It's just everyday traffic noise
    out there on the Internet. If the machine was behind a NAT router, you
    wouldn't even notice it. Personal FW's whine about nothing all the time.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 12, 2006

  3. How's yours holding up, Duane? The one in your head, I mean. ;)

    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    If you ever need some proof that time can heal your wounds,
    just step inside my heart and walk around these rooms;
    where the shadows used to be.... Mary Chapin Carpenter

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jul 12, 2006
  4. Thanks Duane
    How can I access to Port80 and SBS Box?

    Thaqalainnaqvi, Jul 12, 2006
  5. Thaqalainnaqvi

    ellis_jay Guest

    Some guys have all the luck! Did she swallow? If she did, then she is a
    keeper!!

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, Jul 12, 2006
  6. Thaqalainnaqvi

    Duane Arnold Guest

    What do you mean? Reach it from where LAN or WAN and going through what?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 12, 2006
  7. Thaqalainnaqvi

    Plato Guest

    Disable alerts. Let your firewall do it's job and do not worry about it.

    Plato, Jul 14, 2006