Is this Computer worth it?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Uncle Nobby, Nov 28, 2006.

  1. Uncle Nobby

    Uncle Nobby Guest

    Uncle Nobby, Nov 28, 2006

  2. i think it could be cheaper for the spec as especially the processor runs at 1.8ghz, not fast for a brand new pc nowadays

    HEATHER-SCOTGIRL, Nov 28, 2006

  3. Uncle Nobby

    meow2222 Guest

    1.8G cpu is far behind new machines. It should do everything you want,
    but its a lot of money for a NOS machine.

    NT

    meow2222, Nov 28, 2006
  4. But it's a Core 2 Duo, the processors run much more efficient; the 1.86MHz
    is not a problem. It's fairly priced for the spec.

    Johannes Andersen, Nov 28, 2006
  5. Uncle Nobby

    Trev Guest

    About the equiv of 3.7 MHz.

    Providing they have one left at the shop you go to

    Trev, Nov 28, 2006
  6. Uncle Nobby

    Bernard Peek Guest

    It's a Core 2 Duo processor, which is brand new. Difficult to predict
    just how fast it will be without going through the reviews in recent
    magazines. It's probably about as fast as the top Pentium D models.

    Bernard Peek, Nov 28, 2006
  7. Uncle Nobby

    Pete Guest

    But what is that in US dollars?

    Pete, Nov 28, 2006
  8. Uncle Nobby

    SteveH Guest

    But it's a Core2 Duo. It's hardly just a 1.8gig CPU, is it?

    SteveH

    SteveH, Nov 28, 2006
  9. Uncle Nobby

    Dr Zoidberg Guest

    Same as a commodore 64 then?

    --
    Alex

    "I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away"

    www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk

    Dr Zoidberg, Nov 28, 2006
  10. Uncle Nobby

    Dr Zoidberg Guest

    It's not a bad buy at all.
    Not earth shattering for the money but it's certainly not significantly
    overpriced.
    A 1.86ghz core2 duo processor *is* a relatively new CPU.
    The clock speed is lower than the much older 3ghz P4 processors but they
    have more pipelines so they achieve more in a single clock cycle , have much
    more cache memory and a faster FSB , not to mention the fact that they have
    two separate cores so it will be more responsive when running multiple
    apps..

    Shame it's not NOS then isn't it

    Dr Zoidberg, Nov 28, 2006
  11. Uncle Nobby

    ShutEye Guest

    LOL! No that ran at about 1 iirc :)

    ShutEye, Nov 28, 2006
  12. Uncle Nobby

    Mitch Crane Guest

    Almost 4 times as fast as a C64.

    Mitch Crane, Nov 28, 2006
  13. Uncle Nobby

    Rod Speed Guest

    Those Aldi Medions dont have a great reputation quality wise.

    Rod Speed, Nov 28, 2006
  14. Uncle Nobby

    Trev Guest

    Ah you spotted my deliberate mistake Help yourself to a drink

    Trev, Nov 28, 2006
  15. Uncle Nobby

    Uncle Nobby Guest

    Where have you read that, I have only seen good things about them on the
    forums and ng.

    Uncle Nobby, Nov 28, 2006
  16. Uncle Nobby

    Rod Speed Guest

    Its easy to find those who have had problems using groups.google

    Rod Speed, Nov 28, 2006
  17. Uncle Nobby

    Uncle Nobby Guest

    I've looked and I haven't seen any more complaints about them than any other
    manufacture.
    I note not many manufactures offer a 3 year warranty on their PCs

    Uncle Nobby, Nov 28, 2006
  18. Uncle Nobby

    Gaz Guest

    I think you might misunderstand the technology. The core duo processers are
    exceptionally fast, for a low clock speed, and easily the equivalent of a
    athlon64 3800 x2.

    Gaz

    Gaz, Nov 28, 2006
  19. Uncle Nobby

    Rod Speed Guest

    You didnt look hard enough and have decided regardless of the evidence.
    Oh bullshit, its available with plenty.

    Rod Speed, Nov 29, 2006
  20. Uncle Nobby

    Linker3000 Guest

    Yeah, but it was a 6510 and not a plain old 6502!

    Linker3000, Nov 29, 2006