Is this bundle worth it?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by *** HAWK, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. *** HAWK

    *** HAWK Guest

    Hi,
    I am looking to buy a new bundle as my PC is in need of an upgrade, I am
    looking at this one below currently £185.35 inc VAT
    http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=28999&t=1397&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=44&GrpID=1&s=pl

    Here is the spec: -
    AMD Athlon XP2400+ 2.0 GHz 266 MHz bus Socket A (Thoroughbred) processor

    Win CPU-Fan Socket A/7/370/FCPGA FSP82, Max AMD XP 2700+

    Crucial PC2700 DDR-DIMM 512MB CL2.5 6ns Unbuffered, Non-parity, 2.5V, 64Meg
    x 64

    MSI KT4V-L mainboard for Socket A Retail, KT400, ATA133, ATX, USB2.0, AGP8X,
    Sound

    What you reckon?
    Also.. what power supply would be needed for a spec like this, note that I
    currently use 2HDD's. Or is my current 300W PSU enough?
    Thanks

    *** HAWK, Jul 13, 2003

  2. *** HAWK

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as *** HAWK continued:
    Almost identical to mine...so here goes:

    mobo and processor (inc heatsink and basic fan) - £125 (today at computer
    fair)
    memory - £40
    fan - not sure, think about £8

    So if I decided to stick with the fan supplied (runs OK at 55 degrees) I
    could do the lot for £165 (plus £2 to get in), and probably get a discount
    as I know the guy pretty well (got £88-worth today for £80 cash).

    slumpy, Jul 13, 2003

  3. *** HAWK

    Rich Strang Guest

    Try pricing the components separatley from online stores such as dabs, scan
    etc. then you will be able to work it out for yourself.

    Rich Strang, Jul 13, 2003
  4. *** HAWK

    Shep© Guest

    This will give you an idea,