    peterf Guest

    ....They are making me NUTS!!!

    Thanks

    peterf, Jun 30, 2005

  2. peterf

    Polfty Niop Guest

    peterf, escribió en el mensaje, <yTKwe.11262
    $>, Thu, 30 Jun 2005 04:51:42 GMT

    event sounds ???

    Polfty Niop, Jun 30, 2005

  3. DO you often hear strange noises?

    Bryan

    Bryan Harrison, Jun 30, 2005
  4. OS, version... ?

    David H

    David Harrison, Jun 30, 2005
  5. peterf

    Moz Champion Guest

    Its not the program making those sounds, its your system

    Moz Champion, Jun 30, 2005
  6. peterf

    peterf Guest

    - WinXP sp2, Firefox 1.0.4 -

    No, it's Firefox, I have deleted the Windows "Media" contents and turned off
    all system event sounds. It is a Star Trek "door swoosh" like sound when any
    page loads in Firefox only and it's slowly making me go postal! Please
    help! I cannot find any option or preference nor can my 17 year old
    Linux-Mozilla Geek programmer son.

    peterf, Jun 30, 2005
  7. peterf

    Colyn Guest

    See if Capt. Kirk or Mr. Spock can help.

    Colyn, Jun 30, 2005
  8. Have you checked if you have any sound-related extensions installed? Far
    as I know, Firefox simply doesn't make a noise on page load unless
    you've done something to make it happen.

    One possible suspect is PopUpSound:

    http://tinyurl.com/bgodk

    This extension can apparently be configured to play sounds on non-popup
    events, such as loading a regular page.

    Might be worth having a look under Tools->Extensions to see if it's
    installed.

    cheers,

    David H

    David Harrison, Jun 30, 2005
  9. peterf

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Firefox is not doing this. You need to check your system for other
    programs or processes that are running. You appear to be using Windows
    so check Task Manager. You can also download and use Mike Lin's Startup
    Control Panel at: http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    Likely suspects are Firefox extensions, downloaded toolbars, adware,
    spyware, viruses, etc. You can also try using about:config and entering
    "sound" w/o quotes in the Filter bar.

    Ed Mullen, Jun 30, 2005
  10. peterf

    peterf Guest

    Well, thanks for the suggestions everyone, it looks like it was the "Audio
    feedback when scripts are blocked" checkbox (by default) on the NoScripts
    extension. Boy did this thing drive me bananas.

    peterf, Jun 30, 2005
  11. No events sounds here with FF-1.0.4 on either linux or Win2k.

    John Thompson, Jul 2, 2005
  12. peterf

    Tom Betz Guest

    Yeah, that's a really annoying default. Took me a while to find it,
    too, when I first installed NoScripts.

    I'm thinking of removing NoScripts, as it tends to crash Firefox with
    some regularity while reloading the page after I enable scripts for a
    given domain.

    Has anyone else experienced this?

    Tom Betz, Jul 3, 2005
  13. peterf

    Fafafoooey Guest

    Yeah, I get occasional crashes, which I think are caused by NoScripts.
    But I also read that Firefox has a known memory leak problem and
    Mozilla.org suggests a workaround using the SessionSaver extension.

    If you would like to try it, here is the link:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Memory_Leak

    Fafafoooey, Jul 8, 2005