    gilespctech Guest

    just wondering when they will quit giving the mcdst? anyone think it's still
    a good idea to take it with vista right around the corner?

    gilespctech, Jul 6, 2006

  2. gilespctech

    test Guest

    Well yea.
    You can still use the mcdst to get the mcp and then with 2 more tests get
    you mcsa

    test, Jul 7, 2006

  3. gilespctech

    Dan of VA Guest

    The XP MCDST will be valid and valued for years, corporations are not going
    to be jumping to Vista immediately, besides, its not out yet and has been
    promised many times before. XP will be a vailid business platform for another
    3 to 5 years minimum....my opinion.

    Dan of VA, Jul 19, 2006
  4. gilespctech

    Shane of TX Guest

    There are only 2 tests after MCDST to get the MCSA? (I only ask because I
    got my MCDST this year, and the firm that I work for wants me to go get my
    MCSA next year).

    Shane of TX, Jul 24, 2006
  5. No, there are three. The MCDST can count as your elective but you still need
    to do the three core exams 270 or 210 desktop exam and then the
    networking/server exams (290 and 291). Personally I'd recommend you choose
    the 270 desktop exam as you'll have covered a lot of the material already in
    your MCDST.

    Darth Windows, Jul 25, 2006