    software. It doesn't support "adapter switching", I've checked up on
    this thoroughly.

    Is there some 3rd party stuff that I can use for this?

    isax242, May 12, 2006

  2. isax242

    isax242 Guest

    Thanks for your reply. The laptops do have a switch that I enabled in
    BIOS but I want to remove the human element as much as possible. We
    have over 100 laptops and I know someone will be bound to skip a step
    when logging in.

    I did create hardware profiles for each scenario, which did do the
    trick, but a user can forget to select the correct profile at this and
    choose to leave the antenna on. Does anyone have experience with a
    batch file that can take care of this?

    Bryon

    isax242, May 12, 2006

  3. isax242

    Pavel A. Guest

    Many laptops have a little switch that turns wireless off.
    Can you tell your users use this switch when they connect to LAN?
    AFAIK the automatic switching did not function satisfactory for some
    reasons and thus the utility has been discontinued.

    --PA

    Pavel A., May 12, 2006
  4. isax242

    Pavel A. Guest

    You can roll your own little utility, based on what you actually want:
    to keep wireless off whenever LAN is connected (but users must turn wireless on manually)
    or make wireless status more visible to users.
    Most modern laptops have a clearly visible wireless indicator.
    If this is not enough, there are 3rd party utilities, like the latest Google desktop widget.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., May 12, 2006