    Any advice/suggestions much appreciated!

    Cheers,
    Steve

    steve.chambers, May 16, 2006

  2. steve.chambers

    Rod Dorman Guest

    They are unrelated to changes, they will work even if nothing is
    altered.

    Issueing "reload in" when making running config changes give you a
    warm tummy feeling since if you screw something up and lock yourself
    out the router will reboot and load the (presumably working) startup
    config as the running config.

    Issueing "reload in" when making startup config changes is kinda
    pointless. The recomended sequence is to make your "reload in"
    protected running config changes first and only when you're sure its
    OK do a copy from running to startup.

    Rod Dorman, May 16, 2006

  3. If I recall correctly, there are two different MIBs for that
    functionality, depending upon model and IOS version.

    My recollection is that the current SNMP method is to first write
    a command number to one OID, and then write the time until that command
    into another OID. To cancel, you rewrite the time to 0.

    Walter Roberson, May 16, 2006
  4. steve.chambers

    jay Guest

    load the snmplink.org online MIB browser and search for 'reload' in all
    Cisco MIBs
    You may find something there is it exists. Hope that helps.

    jay, May 17, 2006
  5. steve.chambers

    ciscodagama Guest

    ciscodagama, May 20, 2006
  6. steve.chambers

    ciscodagama Guest

    Never mind my last response. I blanked on the fact that you were
    asking about how to do a scheduled reload using SNMP and not a regular
    reload. Sorry.

    Cisco da Gama
    http://ciscostudy.blogspot.com

    ciscodagama, May 20, 2006