    Axle Guest

    There was some press about the Bynari Insight groupware server a while
    ago, it runs on linux, but its not free or open source.

    Axle, Feb 28, 2005

  2. Guest

    thing Guest

    Yes, several, use freshmeat.net as a start.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Feb 28, 2005

  3. Guest

    Enkidu Guest

    Those are clients. Exchange is the server.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Guest

    Enkidu Guest

    You can do better than that. You can do IMAP or POP3 to an
    Exchange server. Also you are talking about the client and
    Exchange is the server.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 1, 2005
  5. Guest

    Bob McLellan Guest

    Depends what functions you want. For shared Calendars use Mozilla and
    webdav.

    Bob McLellan, Mar 1, 2005
  6. Guest

    Peter Lowrie Guest

    Not really, fact of the matter is that Kontact is a groupware product
    combining the features of exchange and outlook, plus it has IMap onboard. I
    had an instance several months ago when someone tried hitting my secure
    shell about 300 times in a few minutes. At the time ssh delivered emails to
    an exchange server which fell over under the pressure. On the other server
    running postfix there was no problem at all and Kontact picked up all of
    the emails, also with no problems.

    2c
    Peter

    Peter Lowrie, Mar 1, 2005
  7. Guest

    Axle Guest

    Exchange is a SERVER
    Clients don't have features of a server

    Axle, Mar 1, 2005
  8. Guest

    SchoolTech Guest

    Sunbird is the Mozilla extension also available standalone. I think they
    just released 0.2

    SchoolTech, Mar 1, 2005
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    What is "webdav"?

    And what if I want to use Novell Evolution as my client programme?

    Divine

    Guest, Mar 3, 2005
  10. Guest

    AD. Guest

    Think of it as a 2 way HTTP based protocol for accessing 'fileshares' - eg
    it allows uploads. It is an open standard. The DAV bit stood for
    distributed authoring and versioning, but versioning isn't actually part
    of the spec. It was never really implemented, and has been separated off
    as a deltaV extension to webdav.

    It used quite a lot by various CMS apps, and also by the Outlook Web
    Access bit of Exchange Server - actually Evolutions Exchange connector
    uses the OWA webdav share to connect to Exchange.

    Recent Windows versions can actually map drives to webdav shares. There
    are Apache modules and Java based content repositories that use it too.

    I'd rather webhosts used webdav over SSL (or also scp/sftp) than FTP for
    site uploads. FTP is a major pain in the butt for firewalling.
    Dunno, it will depend on the calendar format. You should play around with
    the 'free/busy publishing' stuff in the Evolution settings.

    AD., Mar 3, 2005