    Has anyone written a utility to fully remove all traces of any of these
    browsers without having to restore a hard drive backup to really roll-back?

    Thanks for any help in this.

    default, Nov 6, 2004

  2. default

    Iolaos Guest

    You need a registry cleaner; LOTS of programs don't uninstall
    cleanly.

    Advanced Registry Doctor http://www.elcor.net/ is one such
    program.

    Iolaos, Nov 7, 2004

  3. default

    Beaver472 Guest

    Try looking for 3rd party software that removes orphan entries in your
    registry. There are quite a number of them around these days. However, a
    word of caution, messing with the registry, even with such a program can
    be hazardous to your mental health so be wary and aware of what you're
    doing and/or planning.

    Beaver472, Nov 11, 2004
  4. default

    default Guest

    You are stealing my nym friend . . .

    default, Nov 12, 2004
  5. default

    arcarius Guest

    If uninstalling them does not work, try to RESTORE the system back to
    before you installed the applications. I find that most of the time, the
    system reverts back to the way it was before all the installation
    especially if you created a Restore Point. If you didn't, I think that
    when you installed the applications, Windows XP made a restore point for
    you. It is not always the case, but you can check it out.

    Arcarius76

    arcarius, Nov 12, 2004