Is there an available Schematic for how to change the mirror foam in Nikon F3 and FA ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by H. Brinkman, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. H. Brinkman

    H. Brinkman Guest

    Is there an available Schematic for how to change the mirror foam in
    Nikon F3 and FA ?

    I have had the dawning realization that the mirror foam in my F3 might
    have something to do with why it is "off" when comparing the same
    shots with my FA. The FA (newer) is sharp, with the F3, something is
    wrong, even though the F3 has not had much use. But it is, obviously,
    older than the FA.

    I have read of the relative ease of installing new mirror dampening
    foam in the F3, but would love to find a drawing showing how it should
    glued in an to what extent protruding, so as to dampen the contact of
    the mirror. This so that I can change the foam.

    And, likewise how to resupply foam (or thread) to the rails that the
    camera back fits into - this again, for light fastness.

    Thanks,

    Harold

    H. Brinkman, Aug 8, 2003