    I'm not interested in applications that only produce self contained exe's or
    VCD/SVCD/DVD.

    Thanks

    Moonshine, Sep 12, 2003

  2. Moonshine

    Quaoar Guest

    It's not QT, but pdf formatted slideshows are cross-platform compatible,
    I believe, since I have been sent pdf slideshows from relatives with
    Macs and PCs. Photoshop and Elements both will make these, but you need
    one of these programs to construct the show. QT is certainly superior
    for video presentation IMO (PC user opinion). I have not seen QT
    slideshows though.

    Quaoar, Sep 12, 2003

  3. Moonshine

    Moonshine Guest

    Hi, yes thanks, I should have included that I've already looked at the .pdf
    option, and while I like the results you can get from Adobe PhotoShop Album, I'm
    finding the file sizes produced rather on the large size for the photo
    contained.

    Moonshine, Sep 12, 2003
  4. Moonshine

    stan Guest

    I don't know about on Windows, but in Mac OS X, generating a
    QT version of a slide show is ridiculously easy in the iPhoto
    software that's included for free with OS X.

    stan, Sep 12, 2003
  5. Moonshine

    Bill Jackson Guest

    there's an app on Kodak PictureCD that produces what we call a "roadshow"
    that is a Quicktime movie from a bunch of stills.

    right now, the only way to get that app is to buy a PictureCD

    Bill Jackson, Sep 15, 2003
  6. Moonshine

    Arthur Small Guest

    Must you have QuickTime? ProShow Gold will make a CD/VCD/or executable slide
    show.

    Arthur Small, Sep 16, 2003