    sends you an email reminder when a webpage of your choice has been updated?
    A free service (like what used to be netmind.com) would be preferred of
    course.

    JD, Dec 30, 2003

  2. JD

    Brian H¹© Guest

    JD said:
    http://www.watchthatpage.com/

    Brian H¹©, Dec 30, 2003

  3. JD

    ralph Guest

    This is a built-in feature in Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.5 browsers.

    ralph, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Don't give away your email address to strangers!

    Use a program on your computer to do the job for you.

    Get C4U Scout from:-

    http://tinyurl.com/2s8zo

    automatically checks sites for you. C4U “SCOUT” is a user-friendly
    site monitoring tool that offers several options to help users track
    new content on selected sites according to their personal preferences.
    Located on the user PC, the C4U 'SCOUT' can work independently,
    automatically scanning the selected sites and notifying the user of
    changes such as text, including a keyword option, new links, images,
    or e-mail, enabling the user always remain updated. Integrated into
    Internet Explorer, Netscape and OPERA browsers, allowing sites to be
    easily added to the C4U 'SCOUT' favorites list with the click of a
    button.

    Pauline Johnson, Dec 30, 2003
  5. JD

    Jim Guest

    http://www.changedetect.com/

    Jim, Dec 31, 2003
  6. JD

    M Mullen Guest

    |> > sends you an email reminder when a webpage of your choice has been
    |> updated?
    |> > A free service (like what used to be netmind.com) would be preferred of
    |> > course.
    |> >

    |> http://www.changedetect.com/

    Looked like a good deal, then I read the T.O.S.

    ChangeDetect currently provides users with web page monitoring services and
    personalized content through the site (the "Service"). You understand and agree
    that the Service may include advertisements and that these advertisements are
    necessary for ChangeDetect to provide the Service.

    be aware that It is adware.

    And I love this part you MUST not:

    b. harm minors in any way

    M Mullen, Dec 31, 2003
  7. JD

    Brian Alien Guest

    Brian Alien, Jan 24, 2004
  8. JD

    ChangeDetect Guest

    M Mullen,

    Thanks for taking the time to read the ChangeDetect Terms of Service.

    In your making such a careful analysis of ChangeDetect, we are surprised
    that you did not notice that the ChangeDetect web page monitoring service is
    100% web based.

    Catching "adware" from an online service is impossible. Well maybe not
    impossible, but we have never heard of such a thing. In fact, adware,
    viruses and the like are much more of a problem with unknown downloads off
    the internet.

    For these reasons, being a 100% web based solution is the main difference
    between the ChangeDetect web page monitoring service and download software.

    With ChangeDetect there is nothing to download and your operate free from
    any viruses, adware or any other malicious software.

    Rest assured that ChangeDetect is indeed offered for free and in good faith
    by an ethical company.

    Please take another look.

    If you have any questions about ChangeDetect services or capabilities,
    please be sure to contact us directly. We will be happy to communicate with
    you.

    Best Regards,
    ChangeDetect
    http://www.changedetect.com/