    remove it. I just can't spare that much memory all of the time.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Eugene

    Eugene, Apr 20, 2007

  2. I for one do not understand why folks want to allow Google to know
    everything that is on their computers!

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 20, 2007

  3. Eugene

    old man Guest

    Try Copernic dts

    old man, Apr 20, 2007
  4. Eugene

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Uninstall it.

    WhzzKdd, Apr 20, 2007
  5. Eugene

    Jerry G. Guest

    You have three choices.

    o Install more RAM in to the computer
    o Rewrite the software to be shorter
    o Uninstall the software

    These types of utilities use a lot of resources. The more you add, the
    more space and memory is required. Also, adding all these extra
    programs that run in the background contribute to slowing down the
    computer.

    --

    Jerry G.

    Hi All,

    The google desktop process "GoogleDesktopCr" is consistently using
    around 320M of RAM. Is this normal? It's not even doing anything. It's
    finished indexing the computer.

    If I can't figure out how to tame it's appetite I'm going to have to

    Jerry G., Apr 21, 2007