    recommend?

    The Moz composer is working for me, but I'm new to making web pages
    and wondered how others are doing it.

    default, Jan 16, 2006

  2. default

    Jedi Fans Guest

    <url: http://nvu.com/>

    Jedi Fans, Jan 16, 2006

  3. default

    gwtc Guest

    The future of Moz Composer is NVU. This program picks up where Moz
    left off: www.nvu.org

    gwtc, Jan 16, 2006
  4. default

    Lee Guest

    Apparently no more as it shows the domain is up for sale!

    Lee

    Lee, Jan 16, 2006
  5. default

    Ed Mullen Guest

    http://www.nvu.com/

    Ed Mullen, Jan 16, 2006
  6. default

    Echy Guest

    Hello

    I happily use Trellian Web Page. Easy enough to use, many features,
    plenty of help and good email support for any problems. Free at:-

    http://www.trellian.com/webpage/index.html

    HTH

    Echy
    Greetings from Melbourne, Australia
    Home of the 2006 Commonwealth Games March 2006
    www.visitvictoria.com.au

    Echy, Jan 16, 2006
  7. default

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jan 16, 2006
  8. default

    Ed Mullen Guest

    No problem. Don't worry, you're not losing your mind - the dot org
    domain WAS an active Nvu location. I even had a couple of bookmarks
    with that domain.

    Ed Mullen, Jan 16, 2006
  9. default

    gwtc Guest

    I could have sworn it was dot org at one point. Thanks for that
    clarification Ed.

    gwtc, Jan 16, 2006
  10. I think he mirrored it, and probably let the .org lapse.

    Lee

    I'm tempted to say the Original Lee ;)

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 16, 2006
  11. default

    default Guest

    Thanks, it looks good to me

    default, Jan 17, 2006
  12. default

    default Guest

    Hi Echy

    The readme says it requires Internet Explorer that would scotch it for
    me. why does it need IE?

    Thanks
    bob

    default, Jan 17, 2006
  13. default

    Faun Guest

    Try NVU as everybody else say. But remember, if you want to do Image
    Mapping, NVU doesn't support this (AFAICT).

    I found this one quite useful, very basic, but it works for simple maps:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jimagemapper

    BTW, perhaps anyone else in here has another suggestion what to use,
    preferable free, of course. ;-)

    Faun, Jan 17, 2006
  14. default

    Echy Guest

    Beats me. I am using it with Firefox 1.5. Admittedly the web pages were
    originally created when I was still using IE but I have certainly
    updated it from within Firefox.

    Echy

    Echy, Jan 17, 2006
  15. Have you checked the latest version of Nvu? I think it may support
    image mapping.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 17, 2006
  16. default

    Faun Guest

    I'm guessing because it probably relies on IE's functions to work at
    all, for previewing and such. Personally, I don't trust software that
    uses IE stuff for viewing. It's just as unsafe to use as IE.

    Latest I heard, there was something like a 98% security risk to use IE
    while online, roughly 16% for Fx, if memory serves me.

    Faun, Jan 17, 2006
  17. default

    Faun Guest

    Not unless you have access to some fancier version than the one I use,
    it doesn't. I use version 1.0 (20050620), which, according to the site,
    is the latest available.

    http://forum.nvudev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3307&highlight=image+map

    In the sense that it supports the actual code for the ImageMap, you're
    right, but the code has no meaning to NVU since it cannot decode it to
    show you the clickable areas.

    Faun, Jan 17, 2006
  18. default

    Ed Mullen Guest

    There is only one. ;-)

    Ed Mullen, Jan 17, 2006
  19. default

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Is anyone actually using/promoting image mapping anymore? From what
    I've read, especially with recent emphasis on CSS, image mapping is
    /very/ frowned upon as a design tool. The last time I used it on a site
    was back about 1997. It's incredibly difficult to manage and fraught
    with browser compatibility problems. It's stuff like this that CSS was
    designed to "fix." Image mapping also is hugely problematical for
    screen reader software, i.e. for vision impaired users who employ sw to
    "read" html and other tags on a Web page. And there are more of those
    folks out there than most of would imagine. It's something I grapple
    with on my pages.

    Just a couple of thoughts on the topic. Do what you like with your
    site/pages.

    Ed Mullen, Jan 17, 2006
  20. default

    Charani Guest

    I used Composer for the web pages I did for my site. It's the only
    webpage creator that I can use successfully!! :))

    I've downloaded nvu but haven't had a play - er, experiment - with it
    yet.

    Charani, Jan 17, 2006