Is there a hyper-threading fix for Windows 2000 Pro?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Johnny Asia, Oct 5, 2004.

  1. Johnny Asia

    Johnny Asia Guest

    I think I found the reason for various weird glitches Ive had since
    builiding this computer, I just found out Windows 2000 Professional
    doesn't support Hyper-Threading. I had it enabled on my Asus p4p800-e
    deluxe with P4 2.8E

    Is there a hyper-threading fix for Windows 2000 Pro?
    Hyper-Threading works in Windows 2000 Server.

    my system:

    Windows 2000 Professional w/ service pack 4
    ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE mainboard
    P4 2.8EGHz
    1GB Geil Dual Channel PC3200
    Thermaltake 420 watt psu
    WD 80 GB IDE hard drive
    ATI 7200 LE 32MB video card

    +
    +

    "The power of accurate observation is called cynicism
    by those who have not got it." - G. B. Shaw

    Want to know what's REALLY going on in Iraq?
    http://www.angelfire.com/co/COMMONSENSE/wakeup.html

    Johnny Asia, Oct 5, 2004