    history so it's high time we started the definitive thread on changing the
    windows taskbar icon for a running program.

    Do you know of any free windows utility which manipulates icon[0]?

    Philip Peters, Aug 30, 2007

  2. Philip Peters

    Matt Ion Guest

    You're trying to change the taskbar icon for IrfanView... why don't you
    just email Irfan? I've found him very responsive and helpful.

    Matt Ion, Aug 30, 2007

  3. Philip Peters

    Chris Luck Guest

    He's trying to change an application icon to give the observer/user the
    impression that some other app. is running and without them knowing
    about the changes.

    Why would he want/need to do that? I'm not convinced that it would be
    prudent to assist in this endeavour.

    Chris Luck, Aug 30, 2007
  4. Philip Peters

    Mike S. Guest

    ResHacker and XN Resource Editor are both freeware resource editors, but I
    don't have enough experience with thme to tell if they do exactly what you
    want.

    I don't have links handy but a Google search should instantly turn up
    numerous download sources.

    Mike S., Aug 30, 2007
  5. Philip Peters

    Nathan Webb Guest

    The idiots on this newsgroup don't know jack shit.

    The answer is to use hidewin.

    It's been out since 2002!

    http://www.tawbaware.com/hidewin.htm

    Nathan Webb, Sep 6, 2007
  7. Philip Peters

    John Bean Guest

    They know how to post without doing it twice though.

    John Bean, Sep 6, 2007
  8. Nice one John !!!

    Carl Neil Ellwood, Sep 6, 2007
  9. Philip Peters

    hummingbird Guest

    Yes it looks like that will also do the trick.
    But it requires 'yet another program' (albeit small) to do it.
    The method advised previously was to modify the .exe file to
    change the icon which gets displayed in the taskbar when it's run.

    hummingbird, Sep 6, 2007
  10. Philip Peters

    Allen Guest

    't be seeing further posts Try _five_ times and counting. although I
    won't be seeing any more posts from him.
    Allen

    Allen, Sep 6, 2007
  11. Nice fella. Peed his pants.

    Lemonyellowstainware

    Krazee Brenda, Sep 6, 2007
  12. Philip Peters

    Unknown Guest

    Never heard of him. Friend of yours?

    Unknown, Sep 6, 2007
  13. Philip Peters

    Allen Guest

    <snip>
    I'm sure Nathan Weeb is one of that "Friends? I don't need no stinking
    friends" type.
    Allen

    Allen, Sep 6, 2007
  14. Philip Peters