    bootleg copy floating around, or if the password protection on the install
    program is weak? I looked on file P2P nets for a copy, but there's nothing
    there.

    Matchemonedo, Aug 27, 2009

  2. If you get the job, and you need matlab for it, I'm sure they won't
    expect you to provide your own copy.

    Rev Turd Frederıcks, Aug 27, 2009

  3. Matlab clones:

    http://www.dspguru.com/sw/opendsp/mathclo2.htm

    Bruce C. Baker, Aug 27, 2009
  4. Matchemonedo

    Sycho Guest

    This just in to the alt.2600 news room. On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 05:10:29
    +0000 (UTC) it was announced to all in a public briefing, Matchemonedo
    http://www.scrapetorrent.com/Search/index.php?search=Matlab&sort=seed&fz=&rd=&cat=x

    Sycho, Aug 27, 2009
  5. Matchemonedo

    Paul N Guest

    So far no one's been rude enough to tell you off, and I'll resist
    doing so as well, but it does seem that using an illegal copy could
    make things embarrassing in any job interview...

    Them: Do you have any experience of Matlab?

    You: Yes! I've used it a lot.

    Them: And where did you use it?

    You: Well, I got this (ahem) copy to use at home...

    So doing things this way may seriously undermine the point of doing it
    at all.

    Apart from the good suggestions elsethread, I'd consider looking out
    for anywhere nearby has a copy that they might let you use. A local
    university, for instance. If you can't get a foot in the door directly
    you could ask your local job centre or someone involved in your job
    search to give you an introduction.

    In my youth, I'd prepared a CV while at college and got it nicely
    laser-printed (in the days when laser printers were rare). A few
    months later I wanted to update it but didn't have access to another
    laser printer to print it out on - until the chap at the local job
    club had a word with a local college.

    Hope this helps.
    Paul.

    Paul N, Aug 28, 2009
  6. Matchemonedo

    Matchemonedo Guest

    (Sycho) wrote in

    search=Matlab&sort=seed&fz=&rd=&cat=x

    Wow, thanks! I owe ya one favor, d00d.

    Matchemonedo, Aug 31, 2009
  7. Matchemonedo

    Sycho Guest

    This just in to the alt.2600 news room. On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 01:11:18
    +0000 (UTC) it was announced to all in a public briefing, Matchemonedo
    np. I was hoping that you were familiar with torrents rather than
    using some malware infested P2P program like BearShare, eMule,
    LimeWire, etc.. Torrents, IMNSHO, are the way to go. Less chance of an
    infection. :)

    btw, you don't "owe" me a thing. I believe in the freedom of
    information so long as it doesn't come with slugware that's all too
    common these days.

    But if you want, I'm working on a project that's like "finding a
    needle in a haystack". If you by chance run across a site where you
    get the fake XP Security Center screen that basically demands you
    download some phoney baloney AV software or a site where you "need to
    download a codec to view the video", I would really appreciate a link
    before it's shut down.

    I've looked high and low to no avail and it's depressing. Sites like
    those were a dime a dozen. Not anymore. :(

    Sycho, Aug 31, 2009