    I tried the obvious: searching "subscribe" for "digital". didn't see
    any binaries.

    dave

    Bay Area Dave, Sep 18, 2003

  2. Bay Area Dave

    Mac Lynch Guest

    In article <24mab.3971$>,
    says...

    >pardon my ignorance: I just recently got on this NG...
    >
    >I tried the obvious: searching "subscribe" for "digital". didn't see
    >any binaries.
    >
    >dave

    Kia Ora Dave
    You may find what you want among the
    Alt.Binaries groups.
    There are photography groups there apart from the porn!
    Mac

    Mac Lynch, Sep 18, 2003

  3. Bay Area Dave

    Matt. Guest

    Hi Dave!

    Try alt.binaries.photos.originals

    No porn, relatively little spam. There's a web page too. Something like
    www.abpo.net, but I'm not sure. The FAQ for the newsgroup is there.

    cheers,
    Matt.

    Matt., Sep 18, 2003
  4. Bay Area Dave <> writes:

    > I tried the obvious: searching "subscribe" for "digital". didn't see
    > any binaries.

    I don't use Mozilla to read Usenet, so I don't know how you do this: List
    the full newsgroup list available to you. Either filter or do a manual
    search for the groups beginning alt.binaries.photography,
    alt.binaries.photos, and alt.binaries.pictures for groups that suit your
    purposes. Those groups are split into smaller divisions than just
    'digital,' so you'll need to pick some that are in your area; for example,
    glmaour, people, automobile, hockey, motorcycles, and so on. There are also
    binary groups for mulitmedia and mpegs, I believe.

    Phil Stripling, Sep 18, 2003
  5. I was wondering if folks post messages HERE to direct folks to a binary
    group that users here are all familiar with. That's how it works with
    rec.woodworking. Folks post pictures to one of two binary groups, and
    everyone that is a regular pops over there to see the pictures.

    dave

    Bay Area Dave, Sep 18, 2003
  6. I tried it, but there are no postings! maybe it just got cleaned out??
    anyway, thanks.

    dave

    Bay Area Dave, Sep 19, 2003
  7. Bay Area Dave

    Matt. Guest

    Hi Dave!

    According to what I've browsed today, there have been at least 70 postings
    today alone on alt.binaries.photos.originals.

    Perhaps you news server is blocking out the binaries?

    The web page is more along the lines of a FAQ, a place where you can "see"
    the contributors, and a tips, trips, and techniques page.

    Matt., Sep 19, 2003
  8. Bay Area Dave

    JK Guest

    It is alt.binaries.photos.original No s at the end.

    JK, Sep 27, 2003