Is the one on the left Fake?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Edward, Jun 7, 2007.

  1. Edward

    Edward Guest

    Edward, Jun 7, 2007

  2. Edward

    russell Guest

    russell, Jun 8, 2007

  3. Edward

    Bigguy Guest

    Bigguy, Jun 8, 2007
  4. Edward

    Edward Guest

    Ugh...

    I can't take a close up for some reason.

    Edward, Jun 8, 2007
  5. Edward

    stuseven Guest

    + well, just because you had "a few file corruptions"
    doesnt mean its a fake... on the other hand, they could
    both be fakes... in the picture, they look almost identical,
    except for the obvious color differences.
    If you really want an expert opinion, email SanDisk...
    they should certainly be interested if somebody is selling
    counterfeits with their name on them.

    stuseven, Jun 8, 2007
  6. Maybe counterfeit camera? :)

    Allodoxaphobia, Jun 8, 2007
  7. Edward

    Rudy Lacchin Guest

    Blimi, 2 x 800k of JPG? I'm glad I'm not on dial-up!

    Call Sandisk - their help line was very helpful when I had some questions
    recently. In the meantime, have you tried filling the lighter-coloured one
    with 4Mb-worth of files to check whether it's really a 4Mb card? There are
    some guides available on eBay about detecting fake cards.

    R.

    Rudy Lacchin, Jun 9, 2007
  8. Edward

    Edward Guest

    God damnit.
    Its fake.
    I formatted it on my PC to 4GB and I can't copy shit to it. I can't
    get the ebay ID either because it has been too long.
    Ebay sucks.

    Edward, Jun 10, 2007
  9. Edward

    Frank ess Guest

    «El mal jinete le echa la culpa al caballo»

    Frank ess, Jun 10, 2007
  10. Edward

    Edward Guest

    Tengo los gatos en mis pantalones.

    Edward, Jun 12, 2007
  11. Edward

    Bill Funk Guest

    Try formatting it in the camera.
    The fact that you can't copy to it doesn't mean it's fake; it may well
    mean it's shit, though.

    Paris Hilton called Barbara Walters from prison
    Monday to say she is giving up her dumb act.
    The heiress said she's not the ditzy character
    she plays in public. She said while in prison
    she found God, but was baffled as to why God
    was in prison.

    Bill Funk, Jun 14, 2007
  12. Edward

    John Turco Guest

    Hello, Edward:

    No, it doesn't "suck," normally. If you had done some research,
    beforehand, you'd have been aware that fake memory cards are a
    well-known hazard, of buying on eBay.

    Better luck, next time!

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jun 22, 2007
  13. Edward

    Somebody Guest

    And, that means that for buying memory cards eBay sucks!

    =(8)

    Somebody, Jun 22, 2007