    wondered if it's worth stopping this and starting again. I know Microsoft
    have brought out new certifications now, what will be the equivilent to the
    MCSA?

    Gonzo, Apr 24, 2008

  2. Gonzo

    John R Guest

    MCSA credentials will never expire. They will become meaningless some day,
    but they will never expire. Right now, the market is heavily invested in
    2003 and I (personally) expect that trend to continue for some time. It was
    only recently that my company finally moved off an NT domain, and I know we
    are not unique.

    Starting with 2003, the MCTS and MCITP generation of credentials will apply.
    The MCITP - System Administrator is the closest thing to MCSA, and in fact
    there is a direct upgrade path from MCSA 2003 to MCITP - System
    Administrator.

    You might consider finishing MCSA on 2003 and as 2008 starts making headway
    consider the upgrade path. Or, if your company is an early adopter of 2008,
    you might want to go after MCITP directly.

    John R

    John R, Apr 24, 2008

  3. Gonzo

    Dude Guest

    I have an MCSA 2000/Messaging. It seems like nobody cares about the
    /Messaging part of the certification. I really do think the Server 2003
    MCSA/MCSE certifications are still valid. I don't know anybody who is using
    Server 2008 yet. Heck, when Server 2008 is deployed, you'll probably get a
    Read Only Domain Controller with Bitlocker that you can't log into anyways.
    Forget about Disaster Recovery!!! You probably can't even look at the Event
    Viewer logs for the Domain Controllers. Give me a break!

    Dude, May 2, 2008
  4. More significant than =Windows= 2008, is =Exchange= 2007.

    Until customers are in a position to be ready to convert to 64-bit hardware
    in order to run Exchange 2007, I believe we're going to find a hard-core
    collection of Exchange 2003 installations, possibly as significant as
    Exchange 5.5 existed (as a result of those who chose not to deploy Active
    Directory, which is needed for Exchange 2003).

    As a result, personally I believe the MCS{AE}/Messaging certifications are
    going to be relevant for at least the next five years. In fact, I speculate
    that we'll see a lot of people moving their Exchange 2003 installations to
    Windows Server 2008 32-bit before we see them moving to Exchange 2007
    (64-bit).

    Particularly in SMB organizations that just don't *need* 64-bit enviroments.
    They'll buy 64-bit hardware when they can no longer run their existing
    (32-bit) systems reliably, and need to replace the machines. It won't be a
    conscious decision to migrate to 64-bit, it'll just be a fact of life
    because there's just no reason to buy 32-bit hardware if 64-bit systems cost
    the same.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], May 3, 2008
  5. To answer your question; It's all in how you market yourself. Don't
    depend on the letters behind your name to do that for you.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], May 4, 2008
  6. Gonzo

    John R Guest

    Obviously, I meant to start that sentence with "Starting with 2008".

    John R

    John R, May 10, 2008
  7. Gonzo

    Tom R. Berg Guest

    "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" <> skrev i nyhetsmeldingen:
    What we see at our CPLS is that the rush/interest in Exchange 2007 on the
    server side and Vista client courses outweigh the interest in Windows Server
    2008.
    Agree totally

    Tom R. Berg, Jul 8, 2008