Is Sigma's SD10 at ISO 1600 better than Canon's 1Ds at ISO 100?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Georgette Preddy, Jul 11, 2004.

  1. Georgette Preddy, Jul 11, 2004

  2. Georgette Preddy

    Graeme Guest

    Graeme, Jul 11, 2004

  3. Georgette Preddy

    ferret Guest

    You really are an annoying little tosser

    ferret, Jul 11, 2004
  4. Get a clue, George.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 11, 2004
  5. Get a chart that doesn't clearly show the 1Ds is worse at ISO 100 than
    the SD10 is at ISO 1600.

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 12, 2004
  6. That is a noisy Canon DSLR, but it's not the 1Ds.

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 12, 2004
  7. Georgette Preddy

    Graeme Guest

    That is a noisy Canon DSLR, but it's not the 1Ds.

    That wasn't my point. Did you scroll down and see the Sigma's colors?

    Graeme, Jul 12, 2004
  8. Bart van der Wolf, Jul 12, 2004
  9. SNIP
    Problems with your double-negatives?
    Indeed, there are only charts that show that the 1Ds is better at ISO 100,
    and all the way up to 1250 it is still better than the SD-10.

    <http://img.dpreview.com/reviews/CanonEOS1Ds/Samples/ISO/luminance-graph.gif1Ds at ISO 100 has 1.2 luminance standard deviation, and the SD-10 has:
    <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/SigmaSD10/Samples/ISO/lumi_graph.gif>
    4.2 luminance standard deviation.

    What's more the SD-10 also misrepresents even more red colors as the ISO is
    increased:
    <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/SigmaSD10/Samples/ISO/Color/sd10_iso1600.jp
    g> .

    Bart van der Wolf, Jul 12, 2004
  10. Georgette Preddy

    JPS Guest

    In message <40f2bbe5$0$563$4all.nl>,
    It's "Giovanella"; two 'a's and one 'e'.

    JPS, Jul 14, 2004
  11. Bart van der Wolf, Jul 14, 2004
  12. Georgette Preddy

    JPS Guest

    JPS, Jul 15, 2004
  13. Ah, but he's known to spread only lies.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jul 15, 2004
  14. The new link she posted above is the tremendously noisy prosumer Canon
    10D compared to the pro SD10. The 10D is not in the same class as a
    professional camera (but nothing else in the 35mm format is). The
    1Ds, on the other hand is a total mess, even Canon users laugh at the
    extreme noise levels and 90s vintage high ISO performance.

    Here is the prosumer Canon 1Ds vs the professional Sigma/Foveon/NSC
    SD10 (pro in this sense = Leaf and Foveon only, with Foveon having the
    clear edge on noise), same link I posted to start this thread...

    http://www.pbase.com/image/31155134/original

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 15, 2004
  15. Yes, the Foveon has the clear edge on noise...you get lots of it *and*
    crappy colors.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 15, 2004