    get into my web services. And if it's not safe, is
    http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/ better than Roboform (and easier?)

    Thanks :)

    Muse Gruppes, Jun 26, 2010

  2. Muse Gruppes

    chuckcar Guest

    Why don't you just use a windows login? Password both yours and the
    supervisors'. And then give your room mate his own. That way the passwords
    won't be shared at all. You'll both have your own temporary files.

    When in doubt, do it with what *comes* with windows. Google are masters at
    duplicating such to the point of lunacy.

    chuckcar, Jun 26, 2010

  3. That's what he said he does, re the 'windows login' you suggested.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Jun 26, 2010
  4. Muse Gruppes

    chuckcar Guest

    Wrong. He uses the web browser to do it period. If he was using accounts
    properly, he wouldn't have the problem at all. He almost certainly doesn't
    have a password on his user account and absolutely his roommate doesn't
    have a separate account.

    chuckcar, Jun 26, 2010
  5. Muse Gruppes

    Aardvark Guest

    WTF?????

    :)

    Aardvark, Jun 26, 2010
  6. /me shakes head @ you.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Jun 26, 2010
  7. Muse Gruppes

    joevan Guest

    I am inscensced.

    joevan, Jun 27, 2010
  8. Muse Gruppes

    Muse Gruppes Guest

    I was thinking something similar Evan

    Chuck, ALL browsers use there own password saving function for web site
    logins...

    I was asking because I thought that maybe that sent/saved passwords that
    are used to login to a website that are not encrypted could be read by a
    3rd party, am I correct? Not sure so I thought I'd ask, I mean I may see
    dots in the password field but the website obviously isn't receiving
    dots lol

    Muse Gruppes, Jun 27, 2010
  9. Muse Gruppes

    chuckcar Guest

    Then don't post to such threads as you clearly didn't understand or know
    what the OP was talking about.

    chuckcar, Jun 27, 2010
  10. Muse Gruppes

    chuckcar Guest

    Strange then that *I* knew about user accounts and my mention of it
    did nothing but confuse you then isn't it?
    I'm not going to fight that battle. You get enough pain in your life
    already by your own doing.
    That's just a kludge ignoring what's included in windows since XP.

    chuckcar, Jun 27, 2010
  11. You should print out your reply, go into the bathroom, look in a
    mirror and repeat what you posted to me, binky.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Jun 27, 2010
  12. Evan Platt wrote:
    You know, he's gonna wake up tomorrow morning, wonder where the green
    haze came from, and regret posting while under the influence of
    something. It's the only explanation possible because no one can
    reliably miss important information in msgs as many times in a day as he
    does.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Jun 27, 2010
  13. Muse Gruppes

    Tony Guest

    Chuckcar has infested this newsgroup!!
    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    proper manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
    day on the job for potty mouth,

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Jun 27, 2010
  14. Muse Gruppes

    Tony Guest

    If he followed his own advice he'd have to rent computers, 'cause every time
    he'd bust his computer.

    Tony, Jun 27, 2010
  15. Muse Gruppes

    Tony Guest

    I think Chuckcar gives the same advice at all the bus shelters in Ottawa. His
    car finally broke down for the last time and has been retired to the junkyard.
    Last i've seen no one in Ottawa takes the bus anymore.

    Tony, Jun 27, 2010
  16. Muse Gruppes

    richard Guest

    Problem with the programs is, well, they need to be running. Shut it off,
    poof!, no more password.
    So unless the program itself is password protected, what's the point of
    having it?

    Ok. So I'll just turn the machine off and reboot. Goodbye passwords.

    richard, Jun 27, 2010
  17. Muse Gruppes

    Muse Gruppes Guest

    Great program, works beautifully! Thanks for the suggestion

    Muse Gruppes, Jun 28, 2010