    that I could use my own pppoe account to logon at my friend's place (in
    the same city), but he's using another isp that is different from my isp.
    Thanks for any idea.

    ThinkingWalker, Mar 5, 2004

  2. hmmm, I would have thought it would be restricted per-ISP. could your
    friends connection be colocated, meaning either your ISP buys from his
    or his buys from yours and either resells as their own?

    i seriously doubt you could do it overseas, unless of course there's a
    colo deal there also, which i doubt.

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/