Is 'otherperson" intercepting my mail?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Wendy, Jan 7, 2005.

  1. Wendy

    Wendy Guest

    Below is the properties of one of my e-mails.

    For privacy I am not using actual e-mail addresses rather using "Myself" and
    "Otherperson".

    This is from a mail I forwarded to myself, from my computer at my home, the
    "From" and "To" list my e-mail address, set as .

    Where does the "X-Originating-IP" come from? The one below is not the IP
    address of my computer.

    What does "X-Origination-Email" mean?

    And what does "X-Sender" mean?

    As you can see each are listed as .

    The "otherperson" has advanced technical knowledge in setting up mail
    servers, and has one of their own.

    I have had reasons in the past, which prompted me to question that the
    "otherperson" might be intercepting or receiving a copy of my mail.

    This is a person from work, but my personal e-mail address is with hotmail
    and I only access it at home. In the past I changed my password, just in
    case. (yes, I changed it again today).

    I know this person has used some type of program to retrieve the first x
    number of letters to passwords of files at work, then with a couple of trial
    and errors completed passwords.

    Is there some type of program that they can use to figure out my hotmail
    password?

    Is there some way they can have my hotmail account pass through their
    server, save a copy and pass the mail on to me?

    I use to thing "no", but am I being gullible to technical ability?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    From: "Myself" <>
    To: "Myself" <>
    Subject: Fw: Bird Cage for budgie
    Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:52:41 -0400

    Wendy, Jan 7, 2005

  2. Wendy

    Pennywise Guest

    |> Is there some type of program that they can use to figure out my hotmail
    |> password?

    This can be done with a keylogger
    http://www.tech-faq.com/computers/key-logger.shtml
    run spyware and hope for the best (both ways).

    |> Is there some way they can have my hotmail account pass through their
    |> server, save a copy and pass the mail on to me?

    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...LAC/20050106/RCIBCEMAIL06/TPBusiness/Canadian
    Or
    http://tinyurl.com/5uj7k

    "The revealing e-mails are a stark reminder to employees in the digital
    age that messages they zap into the Internet ether can come back to
    haunt them."

    Pennywise, Jan 7, 2005