    spontaneously die for a few minutes and come back up on its own. I am
    pretty sure it never did this before, or if it did, it was too rare to
    notice. Is it starting to fail or might it be something else?

    Robert Peirce, Apr 7, 2011

  2. Robert Peirce

    Rambo Guest

    Is your router power-on 24/24 7/7 ?
    If yes, it could be that you have a problem when it is hot. Perhaps a
    bad soldering.

    Rambo, Apr 7, 2011

  3. Does it put any clues in the log?

    Steve

    --
    Neural network applications, help and support.

    Neural Network Software. www.npsl1.com
    EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
    SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
    JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com

    Stephen Wolstenholme, Apr 7, 2011
  4. Robert Peirce

    Char Jackson Guest

    [crossposted to alt.internet.wireless]

    It sounds like interference. Can you eliminate the problem by moving
    the wireless client closer to the router?

    What exactly is happening to make you think the wireless signal is
    dying?

    Char Jackson, Apr 7, 2011
  5. I agree. It sounds like interference. Also try a different channel
    (1, 6, or 11) to see if it helps. If you're using 40MHz 802.11n,
    you're stuck on Ch 6.

    Make sure the WRT150N has the latest greatest firmware.
    Good question. It could also be the unspecified client computer
    that's going into standby or power save, and not recovering.

    Also, check the log files for which machine is initiating the
    disconnect. You'll need the latest firmware as early versions had
    problems with logs.

    Jeff Liebermann, Apr 7, 2011
  6. You have been given many choices as to what might be causing the
    problems, heat, interference, PC rather than router, and a partially
    faulty power module...

    I use a program called InSSider to check for other devices on the same
    or close channel to my devices. You can download the freeware version
    at: http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

    All it takes is for a neighbor to plug in a new router and have it on a
    channel close to yours to cause problems. This program allows you to
    see what channels are in use, signal levels, as well as channels that
    are currently available for your use.

    GlowingBlueMist, Apr 8, 2011