is my computer good for FIFA 2010 game?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Netman, Oct 5, 2009.

  1. Netman

    Netman Guest

    Hello!

    I would like to buy FIFA 2010 game on PC.

    I have stationary computer with the following parameters:
    - Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHZ
    - Ati radeon HD 3800 graphics
    - 4 GB RAM
    - 300 GB HDD
    - Windows XP with SP3

    Can you advice me if my computer runs the FIFA 2010 game without breaks?
    Will it go smoothly?

    The specfication of FIFA 2010 game says:
    Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 512 MB graphics (GeForce 7800 or better), 4.4
    GB HDD, Windows XP/Vista

    I haven`t played games for 15 years and I am out of date regarding the
    needed equipment.

    Is my graphics better that GeForce 7800?

    Thank you in advance
    netman

    Netman, Oct 5, 2009

  2. Netman

    Paul Guest

    http://fifa.easports.com/news.action?id=News_FIFA_10_Demo

    "PC Specifications:

    CPU with 2.4 GHz (single-core)
    512 Megabytes of RAM (1 GB required for Windows Vista)
    DirectX 9.0c Compatible 3D accelerated 128 MB video card or equivalent
    (must support Shader Model 2.0 or above)
    DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
    MS compatible mouse
    Keyboard
    Please note that 16 bit colour is not supported

    Required Operating Systems:
    Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
    Note that Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME, and Windows NT 4.0 are not supported.
    The title may function in Windows 7, however this operating system is not officially supported.

    Required Software:
    DirectX 9.0"

    There is a 2.15GB downloadable demo version of the game, so you can
    test the game before purchase.

    The HD3850 and HD3870 are Shader 4.1, 256MB or more video memory, DirectX 9/10/10.1
    So the technical requirements are met.

    http://www.gpureview.com/Radeon-HD-3850-PCI-E-card-546.html

    There are some benchmarks here. I only looked at one
    benchmark, but it seems OK.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/...2008/3DMark06-v1.1.0-HDR-SM3.0-Score,793.html

    7800GT 1486
    HD3850 4275
    HD3870 4889

    I think you should be OK. You're at least 2x better than
    the minimum.

    The best thing to do, is look for a game review, just to be sure.
    Or play the downloadable demo and see.

    http://www.gamershell.com/download_50798.shtml

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 5, 2009

  3. Netman

    Paul Guest

    I tried the FIFA 10 game demo (2.15GB download). My computer has a
    weaker video card than yours and the game played fine. My video
    card has 128MB onboard memory, Shader 2, DirectX 9 support in
    hardware. CPU 2.6GHz Core2.

    I recommend you download the demo, before spending money on the
    game.

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 6, 2009
  4. Netman